Diving around Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sillygrendel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So... I'm currently in the process of looking for a new job! I'm starting to narrow down the places I'd like to be and the search wil be in earnest after I get back from my between job vacation in Bonaire :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I spent 1998 studying in Melbourne and enjoyed it a great deal. I visted Sydney a number of times and have added it to my shorter list of places to go.

All of this was in my non-diving days (Althought I did to my first 'resort course' dive off of Cairns) What I would like to know is...

How is the diving down there???

Matt

I enjoyed my 4 dives down there with giant cuttlefish, wobbigong sharks, weedy sea dragons and a blue ringed octopus.

There are some locals as well who am sure will give you better feed back.

Jonathan

Sydney has is by far one if the most diverse temperate dive spots in world.

The diving is Great from Shallow shore dives through to Deep Technical Wreck Dives. Water Temp in summer is 5mm stuff
Winter Semi Dry, 7mm or Dry Suit.

For a a huge amount of Information on Sydney Diving check out this site

http://www.diveoz.com.au

If you are after any specific information please drop me an Email

I'll check that stuff out! I'm sure I'll have more questions if I actually get more serious about going down there!

is quite diverse - the marine life is pretty cool - weedy seadragons, wobbegongs, PJ sharks, plus plenty of cool nudibranchs.

There are a few good wrecks south of sydney if you're into wreck diving - not too deep - about 45metre average.

Being based in sydney is also great, as there are loads of brilliant dive sites within a reasonable diving distance for those weekends away, such as Jervis Bay where you can dive with seals during winter (around 3 hours south of Sydney) and up north to Seal Rocks, and Forster - great shark dives!!

as for the employment situation in sydney - what area of work are you in?

cheers

I'm currently doing computer stuff... Last job was principal SE for a biotech company.

You should have no trouble at all getting work in the IT industry down here - one of my best mates is an SE and he was constantly having to knock back offers!

Good luck with your decision to move though - its never an easy one!

Actually.. I don't really have a problem with the moving part!

Its the job finding one thats kind of hard from the other side of the globe...

And visas are too expensive!

Thanks...

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom