Diving around STL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Muddy MO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Where all do you guys dive around St Louis?

I'm familiar with Mermet and Bonne Terre Mines.

What do you guys like the place you dive.

There are quite a few places to dive within 3-5 hours of STL. You mentioned Mermet Springs and Bonne Terre Mine. I agree with Steve C, for a close to home, easy dive... Dive Stop is a fine locale. I enjoy diving Table Rock Lake, Quail Run Quarry in Rolla, MO (once in awhile) and Mermet Springs. Bullshoals, Norfork and Stockton lakes are common to dive. Haigh Quarry in Kankakee, IL has a very nice quarry. Lake Michigan is home to some awesome shipwreck diving.

I enjoy these dive sites year round and enjoy local diving immensely. To me, this is what diving is all about...this is what I refer to a lot of times as "REAL" diving. As many of us only see the beautiful tropical waters of paradise once maybe twice a year. So, unless you're a vacation diver this is our reality. Which in itself is not for everyone.

Mermet Springs with its docks, platforms, various depths and attractions is very nice. The amenities and pavilions with tables to gear up on are great! Dive Stop is close to home and is a very convenient dive site. Table Rock Lake...I grew up camping around the lake, fishing on the lake and now diving in the lake. I am not sure if it's sentimental or it's one of those places where you feel you can truly get away and relax. It's a large lake and is far from the party scene of the Lake of the Ozarks! The Kimberling City bridge is a popular dive site along with Dewey Short (the Dam) along with several others.

I am easy! I just like to dive.

Thanks guys.

Scott, thats a great site! I bookmarked it.

Blu Diver, You and I sound alot alike. I've dove in some pretty crappy local waters and some decent stuff. Its an experience in itself that is for sure.

T rock is one of my favorites its just a good jog from STL. I dove it a few months ago. I found a kids fishing pole. LOL

I think New Melle is my best bet on closeness other then my fishing lakes I use. So far mermett is the nicest place I have dove. Thats where I did my checkout dives. Really nice place.

The people out at the Dive Stop are great I cant say enf about them!

i dive in the mississippi and wow is the vis great:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom