Diving around Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seadog are a good outfit. They are in New Smyrna, its about an hour to 70 min drive from Orlando (downtown). The diving around there is wrecks and rocky reefs, not coral and tropical like the SE coast, lots of big fish. Depths mostly around 80ft or so for most dives they run most days, the current is less than a knot most of the time, so only a mild inconvenience. You can get 3 tankers going occasionally. We enjoyed using them the one time we have gone, and i would go again. They dont rush you off or cattle herd you, they anchor up on the wrecks, drop in casually, you get out, they sit on the wreck a while before moving on. I might think of diving that friday, cough, cough, sick of working again by that time!! Would have to see. They do rent all the gear you could need, the price quoted ($65?) i believe includes air tanks. Epcot is good, its an hour in an aquarium for a pretty steep price, but its one of those must dive one day kind of deals. Hope that helps.

thanks for the info, if you're feeling sick that day i'm sure you shouldn't be going to work!!

how about wetsuit, is it warm enough to not wear one, or is a 3mm or more needed?

I wore a 3mm in June, up top it was about mid-high 70's, but below 30ft we hit a thermocline of an ocean upwelling and it was in the mid-60's, i wore my 3mm and was a little chilled at the end of the second dive. I would imagine it could be in the high 60's or low-mid 70's around then, but i am only guessing - i wasnt certified at that time last year! I would call them nearer the time and see what they suggest is the temp, work it from there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom