Diving around NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpcpat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everybody!!

I'm new to Diving and new to this board. I did my checkouts and AOW at Dutch Springs last Sept-Nov. Did some more diving there as well as some diving in Key Largo. I'm comfortable within NDL's and have seen some currents as well as some zero vis situations (among others, on my first night dive)

Diving at Dutch Springs is cool, but I want to get some time off the boats near NYC. Total newbie to NYC diving, so any suggestions as to boats/locations, and what I need to bring with me that I don't need in FLA (I have a 7 mil farmer john suit). I own a steel 100(lp), will the boat be able refill, or do I need a second tank?

Actually, any intro to local diving will be welcome. Thanks in advance!!

jpcpat:
Hello everybody!!

I'm new to Diving and new to this board. I did my checkouts and AOW at Dutch Springs last Sept-Nov. Did some more diving there as well as some diving in Key Largo. I'm comfortable within NDL's and have seen some currents as well as some zero vis situations (among others, on my first night dive)

Diving at Dutch Springs is cool, but I want to get some time off the boats near NYC. Total newbie to NYC diving, so any suggestions as to boats/locations, and what I need to bring with me that I don't need in FLA (I have a 7 mil farmer john suit). I own a steel 100(lp), will the boat be able refill, or do I need a second tank?

Actually, any intro to local diving will be welcome. Thanks in advance!!

I teach out of store in NYC.Boats pull out of brooklyn ,Freeport,Point Lookout ,LI sound and other places .Pm for any other info..

Back
Top Bottom