Diving anyway Even though you know you can’t find it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for your comments. Lots of responses so I’ll try to sum it up in one post. The phone was in a water proof case and in shallow water ( around 10 ft ) for about 3 hours so it should have been fine. Like my original post said iv been doing large object salvage (boats, jet skis and marina dock anchors) for years 24 to be Exact and have 100s of recovery’s and I have never not found my target.(Big stuff small lake) Doing small item recovery is a bit newer to me and it’s been going really good mostly because the ppl that hire me have been on point where they said they dropped what ever they dropped. I tell everyone if I think it’s recoverable and what the odds I think they will be. I’m very honest to them. Iv never cherry picked jobs and to b totally honest some of the time it’s just dumb luck like dropping right on top of what ever your looking for. If it seemed like I was bragging about my ratio I wasn’t I’m proud of it but I’m not like that. Wether I have a 100 and 100 or a 100 and 10 Dive to find ratio is Irrelevant the main question was if it was worth taking the job if the chances were slim to none. I’m the type of person that always wants to give it a shot wether or not but I’m trying to make a business out of this and one bad mouthed customer seems to take away ten happy customers comments. Yes I get paid up front But like this last dive when I think it’s not going to end well and I was planning on diving anyway I give them a really good discount.

Thank you all for your comments. Lots of responses so I’ll try to sum it up in one post. The phone was in a water proof case and in shallow water ( around 10 ft ) for about 3 hours so it should have been fine. Like my original post said iv been doing large object salvage (boats, jet skis and marina dock anchors) for years 24 to be Exact and have 100s of recovery’s and I have never not found my target.(Big stuff small lake) Doing small item recovery is a bit newer to me and i..................

It's sad, but true that people now-a-days will bad mouth a business if you can't perform a miracle every time. You have to charge $400 for a successful recovery that you'd usually charge $100 for since you can't charge for an unsuccessful recovery.

It's all about managing expectations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom