Diving Anilao Nov 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
mikey YOU partied at sabang until the crack of dawn... read scubabum's write-up

he said OLD

Jag
but i had my girl with me...

not my fault she passed out on the floor of the Point....

blame Larry...

scubabum2:
Hey Kiddos,
Sorry for taking so long to reply back. Had no internet access until Taipei and then realized I had left the power cable back at the resort (now retrieved by fellow travelers). Unfortunately, I had to deal with a family medical issue once we got back. But we're back home, safe & sound.

Had a wonderful 14 days diving in the Philippines. All but 1 day was in Anilao, diving off the coast there and on Maricaban and Sombrero. Logged 46 dives (including milestone dive #500), visited 20 dive sites and got over 52 hours of bottom time. I haven't even counted how many pics I took.

On the one day we weren't in Anilao, we took a jeepney to Batangas, the ferry to Sabang Beach and met up with Maggie at Big Apple. Maggie, we had lots of fun diving with you and than having dinner with you and Zaida and Petri and the other gentleman (sorry, can't remember his name)! We were a bit shocked to get up for the 530AM ferry departure and still see OLD people partying in the bar as we walked past. Sabang Beach is an interesting place, to say the least...

Other tidbits - had to buy a copy of Scuba Diver with Mr. Veitch's mantis on it in the staging area for the ferry in Batangas...dove lots at Basura at night and enjoyed it every time like a 5 year old opening a Xmas present...my friend Clifford, who shoots video, can now do a hilarious impression of a mantis shrimp...pygmy seahorses rock...I'm now familiar with varieties of San Mig Beer and prefer the pale... loved the view of the Christ figure on the hill that you see on the beach from Basura at night...loved the pink colors of coral and animals (I work for Mary Kay, ya know)...buko pie - mmm...mango tarts - mmm...

glad you enjoyed your pi trip. so when are ya coming back? :D

Mike Veitch:
great to hear you had a good time!

Mr Veitch!?!?! dude, u make me sound old.... Iris will jump on that one..
no mike. he made you sound respectable and i won't allow that :crazy3: i'd have to call you tatang veitch to make you sound reeeeaaaallly old.

@scubabum2: glad you had a great time. come back for more :) i'm just sorry you got ripped off in the batangas ferry :) should've just bought fhm instead :D

@maggie: do you live in PG??? it seems as if you're there every week! :D soooo jealous :)

@mark (and leslie): the pleasure was equally shared. it would have been fun if you took the pizza challenge then u would have ended up buying drinks for everyone at captngregg's! sabang is a very strange place, you have all the really OLD men up until the wee of hours and the younger men somewhere else, deep asleep!

@iris: i go there every weekend for the dives but some folks have crazy notions it was just a cover. :)!

but well, suffice to say that anybody finding themselves in sabang, look me up at big apple dive shop and well see how we go from there.

and oh, i finally did CANYONS and i love it!!!

rhadamantus:
@mark (and leslie): the pleasure was equally shared. it would have been fun if you took the pizza challenge then u would have ended up buying drinks for everyone at captngregg's! sabang is a very strange place, you have all the really OLD men up until the wee of hours and the younger men somewhere else, deep asleep!

@iris: i go there every weekend for the dives but some folks have crazy notions it was just a cover. :)!

but well, suffice to say that anybody finding themselves in sabang, look me up at big apple dive shop and well see how we go from there.

and oh, i finally did CANYONS and i love it!!!
I was there last Saturday, Mags. Yup Canyons was great, giant trevallies and I mean big big Mother F/krs.

i did canyons saturday at 1PM, koya. we saw them too. my divemaster cant help talking about it even up to the evening. i guess, same case with you, uh? the bigger , the better. :)

i still want to see the turtles and the rays (sob!) .

rhadamantus:
i did canyons saturday at 1PM, koya. we saw them too. my divemaster cant help talking about it even up to the evening. i guess, same case with you, uh? the bigger , the better. :)

i still want to see the turtles and the rays (sob!) .
rays? come to yap...

DSC_7049.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom