Diving Anilao 30th December - 06th Jan 2007. Which Dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basura has a nice ribbon eel too, as well as (what seemed to be) a mated pair of morays. Lots of giant clams in from of Dive'nTrek

Mike Veitch:
and lots of little frogfish...

twin rocks has a nice blue ribbon eel
really amazing you still remember where that little guy was hiding, 3 mos after DOR IV (May 06) and thru the workshop (August 06).

here's the little guy:D
229162817_2e605b8f2c.jpg

I-NSC, my faves in Anilao is Bahura (6 dives, it is a big reef), Beatrice and Basura (for the weird critters). For night dives, I usually do Twin Rocks (underrated), Sepok Wall (Sand garden).

Went diving in Bahura yesterday. Saw a 4-ft turtle at 30ft, a fat 7-ft white tip shark at 65ft., a scool of red snappers followed by a school of jacks. Medium current with great visibilty (++80ft) in the early morning & it grew stronger as noon approached.

We also did a night dive in front of Outrigger...Lionfish abound, a deep dark red (almost maroon) sea hare, a decorator crab, a giant clam (near the cross)...

The sad part is that I don't have a camera to take em pictures.

Other divers from our group went to Arthur's and saw 2 black tips.

I-NSC:
Sheez..
now I'm wondering how to settle Wide or macro ...

P.S. I understand that there is diver's grave near the cross? Some local divemaster requested to be burried nearby?
Yes there's someone in Cathedral. A japanese diver, a pioneer in Philippine diving who happened to be the former instructor of a certain PADI Course Director in the Phils.

The Dm will tell you if you have to go macro or wide angle before the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom