Diving and Thinning Hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydroknot

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

My wife wants to get certified, but she hates the way her hair looks when it is wet. Her hair is thinning a bit, which embarrasses her. On land she frequently wears a hat to hide her thinning hair. Is there anything she can wear while diving that will fashionably cover her hair?

Thank you.

This may not be fashionable but....:D

_MG_3573copy.jpg

Seriously though, there are lots of beanies and hoods available for her. She can always change back to a hat on the boat.

Hi,

My wife wants to get certified, but she hates the way her hair looks when it is wet. Her hair is thinning a bit, which embarrasses her. On land she frequently wears a hat to hide her thinning hair. Is there anything she can wear while diving that will fashionably cover her hair?

Thank you.

Doo-rags are popular with some...Here's a pic of my my wife wearing one(click link, can't get it to load here in the post), thanks to Susan6868.....Can be used for your wife's cause, warmth, or sun protection(UW even)....

IMG_1293036.jpg

I've seen a lot of bandanas out there, mostly on bald men; I'll bet your wife could pull that look off a lot better.

Not to hijack your post, but I have to share this.
I didn't know I had a bald spot till I had seen pics. of myself diving in Cancun last year.
Jim Breslin, 51 yrs old with a bald spot.

Happens to the best(of us) JB.......

Back
Top Bottom