Diving and snorkeling Op for Molokini or Lanai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LandLockedDiveGuy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I are heading to Maui and will be staying in the Kihei area. Unfortunately she doesn't dive, but does enjoy snorkeling. I'm planning to dive Molokini and Lanai and wonder if anybody has any advice on a dive op that also allows snorkelers.

Thanks!

B&B will allow snorklers to go but they don't cater to snorklers. In other words the divesite will be more appropriate for divers. But the snorklers I've seen on their boats seem to enjoy themselves. Boats that cater to snorklers usually suck for divers.

we had a snorkeler on board last week with B&B who did the back wall one day - she had a blast as not too many snorkelers get to do that spot :wink:

No backwall isn't a place those cattle boats will take snorklers. Did she swim down and touch the bottom?????

Lahaina Divers takes snorkelers out to Lanai ($69 I think). Because it's a bigger boat, there are lots of places to sit and stand so you can spend time together on the ride out and back, and during the SI. As their name implies, they depart out of Lahaina, but it's a shorter crossing to Lanai than from Kihei.

We book our Lanai dive charters with Lahaina Divers because we prefer the comfort of the big 46' Newtons, it's $30 less per diver (we get a 10% discount from Lahaina Divers), and we know quite a few of the captains and DMs so it's always fun for us. Its a compromise to go with them since they take more divers, but thus far we've never had a full boat to Lanai, the most being 18 divers. <knock wood>

Before we were divers, my wife and I really enjoyed our time with Trilogy. My non-diving parents enjoyed their time with them too. Standard "shallow" Molokini or Lanai dives but good snorkeling. Nice people. Just another option for you.

Trilogy

Back
Top Bottom