Diving and Children(Including them in the trip!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastaci

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and I are getting certified this month, we have 3 children, 4, 6, and 9 years old. I want to plan a trip maybe next year where my husband and I could dive while my children snorkel. Does anyone know of a place where you can do that?
My 2 oldest love it. In fact, my 6yo daughter has her mask on from the moment she gets in the water to the time we drag her out. The youngest is still in the process of learning.
When I was in 4th grade(back before NKOTB. only those as old as me will get it!) I lived in the keys. We had a summer program called computer camp ( :dork2: )and a couple of our field trips were snorkel trips off key west. I loved it!
I think that because I was introduced to snorkel so early, it has made scuba feel like second nature. I want that for my kids.

I would suggest that you go snorkeling with the kids, that will assure them more than leaving them with strangers while you dive, especially so young...
do morning scuba dives with your husband while your kids stay at the resort (many offers baby sitting) and snorkel with them at the afternoon.
or... go with another family, preferably with adults who do not dive and can watch your kids in the morning, while you dive and than you can take their kids to snorkel too...

We tried the diving with them snorkeling and it was not a great time for them. My daughter ended up on the boat feeling seasick. Thanks goodness they got certified when they were 11 and 13 and we have been doing dive trips together ever since. (they are now 18 and 20) It makes for awesome vacations that everyone can enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom