Diving again after miscarriage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kulot

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I just suffered a miscarriage, and my doctor recommended that I get back to my normal routine as soon as possible. I was wondering if anyone knows how soon I can start diving again. My doctor was saying that after a month I should be able to get back into all my normal activities but she's not a diver so I'm looking for other input on the matter.

For some background. I didn't have to have any medical procedure done after the miscarriage. It happened early at 7 weeks and i'm just on medication to make sure my uterus cleaned out properly.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks.

kulot:
Hi I just suffered a miscarriage, and my doctor recommended that I get back to my normal routine as soon as possible. I was wondering if anyone knows how soon I can start diving again. My doctor was saying that after a month I should be able to get back into all my normal activities but she's not a diver so I'm looking for other input on the matter.

For some background. I didn't have to have any medical procedure done after the miscarriage. It happened early at 7 weeks and i'm just on medication to make sure my uterus cleaned out properly.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks.

First let me say that I'm sorry about the miscarriage.

Call DAN for either an answer or referal to a local doctor that is dive savy. Knowing of such a doctor is always a good thing to have in your back pocket.

Pete

i'm sorry for your loss.

asking dan would be a fine place to start, but i bet they say you don't have restrictions. pregnancy timing should be the key, and a loss that early shouldn't affect anything physiologically, so go when you feel like it.

my condolences on your loss. I've had 2 miscarriages, one requiring a procedure and one very early one. I was diving again almost immediately after the one not requiring a procedure, with no ill effects. Check with DAN, but that was my experience.

Back
Top Bottom