Diving after childhood epilepsy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops, I certainly don't plan on the "Don't ask, don't tell" course of action, but if a student came to you with a dive-certified physician's release would you let them participate? Or do you agree with tomfcrist that it just isn't worth it?

If they have the signature, that's enough for me. If they are incredibly obese, sound asmatic, are popping pills, and can't pick anything heavy up and they say they have all No answers then we'll have a discussion before they dive with me. I don't want or need to know their infirmities or ailments, but if they seem suspicious, I want the doctor's release. If they have the release, I won't argue with it....."I'm not that kind of doctor."

However, the case in this thread is just that; the customer was in fact allowed to dive, based on his release. Then something new happened.....DCS and administration of O2. The release is now irrelevant, it served its purpose and he dived. What to do now? Recommend a medical evaluation....on a Philippines out island? Klaus did about all he could do.

Remind me not to take you underwater for a class.

Fair enough. I'm happy to release you from liability for my health. If that's not enough I'll find someone else. I'm pushing 60 with a short stick and if you take me out you might have to deal with my heart failure. Happens often enough on classes. A doctors certificate won't help that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom