Diving a week from Singapore - best and easiest places?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dear all

We are going to Singapour for a 10 days and we plan to stay in the city the first week end and then leave to one or two nice place to dive. Since our flight back leaves from Singapour on a Sunday evening, we only have 6 days, starting the Monday morning or Sunday evening.

We are open to all destinations (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines) provided the commute is not overcomplicated (considering our time constraint) - we can travel by plane, train, bus whatever is the easiest.

Thanks for your advices!

Francois

In no particular order, and I don't know when you plan to visit...
- Bali (direct flight from Singapore)
- Phuket (direct flight from Singapore)
- Manado (direct flight from Singapore)
- Sipadan (fly via KL or KK to Tawau)
- Layang-Layang (fly to KK and connect with resort flight)
- Tioman or Redang (direct flight from Singapore)
- Maldives (direct flight)

Dear all

We are going to Singapour for a 10 days and we plan to stay in the city the first week end and then leave to one or two nice place to dive. Since our flight back leaves from Singapour on a Sunday evening, we only have 6 days, starting the Monday morning or Sunday evening.

We are open to all destinations (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines) provided the commute is not overcomplicated (considering our time constraint) - we can travel by plane, train, bus whatever is the easiest.

Thanks for your advices!

Francois
Unless you have business, friends, or relatives there, a week in Singapore is at least 4 days too long. Spend the extra time in Bali, Manado, Sipadan, Phuket, etc. Bali offers the best combination of convenience and good diving, in my opinion. Here's a recent thread that asked the same question:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...e-early-april-near-singapore.html#post5603686

Ot visit in October and do a week-end live aboard out of Singapore to see this:

Attachments

• 201010234.jpg
    201010234.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 167
Hi Francois,

I live in Singapore, travel around asia for work & been diving for 4 years now. It's convenient to dive all over asia, right from Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand on a pretty decent budget, but for the greatest convenience, Malaysia's the best bet. Right across the singapore, separated by a bridge, you enter into malaysia. Cheapest, by Bus / Coach. Quickest, by flight.

Although, distances arent that far. Couple of hours on a coach, followed by a short ferry ride, and you're on an island. There's abundance of diving across Malaysia. Closest to Singapore (in no particular order) would be Pulau Aur, Pulau Sibu, Pulau Tinggi, Pulau Rawa, Pulau Dayang, Pulau Tioman, among many, many others! Good Luck on your search.

Drop me a PM when you're in Singapore. I'll tell you where to go and what to do while you're here. It's a beautiful city. Cheers!

In no particular order, and I don't know when you plan to visit...
- Bali (direct flight from Singapore)
- Phuket (direct flight from Singapore)
- Manado (direct flight from Singapore)
- Sipadan (fly via KL or KK to Tawau)
- Layang-Layang (fly to KK and connect with resort flight)
- Tioman or Redang (direct flight from Singapore)
- Maldives (direct flight)

...also Cebu City, Philippines direct flight from SIN with Cebu Pacific landing early morning in Cebu, five hours after landing you're already diving Moalboal for the 10:30 AM dive.

A whole lot depends on the time of year you plan to be in the region. If it were now, I'd recommend Thailand's Andaman Sea for a liveaboard--short non-stop flight gets you here. At other times of year, I'd recommend Manado/Lembeh/Bunaken, Bali, Sipadan, etc. Of those, both Manado and Bali are also short easy flights, but Sipadan is always a bit of a chore to get to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom