Divine Secrets of the She-P Sisterhood, Episode 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is definitely a learning curve! I think I'm finally making it over :wink:

Things I've found that work: glue on both me and the she-p, double layer of glue on the back part of the she-p, double thong method

Things that I've found don't work: tape, DIY p-valves

Oh, and just because it works on land (not hooked up) doesn't mean it will work when you're fully plumbed. I don't recommend diving Thinsulate undergarments without some additional protection. Thankfully I haven't done that, but I would be very disappointed if I peed all over myself in undies that I don't like to wash :blush:

I also found that the glue remover pad irritate my skin if I do not wash it off after I get rid of the glue on my skin. The stuff if potent as it removed my nail polish one day after a dive.

Which remover are you using? The Remove pads shouldn't be used on skin as it will really irritate but the Allkare pads should be fine.

tstormdiver, yea if you ever have to end a dive due to needing to pee get a p-valve. Once you've got it worked out they are well worth the $$. :) I don't use g-strings or tape any more but I used to. And I don't use any backup like pads as I'm quite trusting of the she-p now. Mostly it is about securing the back of the she-p as that seems to be the weak point. Urobond IV is the best glue though it is expensive. You can just put it on the she-p and it's good to go with no wait. With Hollister spray, I've gone back to using that mostly as I've figured out if I shake the can really well then leave the glue for at least five minutes to dry after I put it on the she-p it won't come loose when applied (Hollister is cheaper). And when you put it on make sure that the she-p is stuck at the back to your skin with no gaps (you might have to fiddle a bit with this). Lots of people I know have had this issue at the start.

If you get Urobond IV don't keep it in the jar, transfer it to something different as those jars have crappy lids and can leak.

If you dive a lot shave as waxing will require too much hair growth. That's one of the downsides to me, I had to switch to shaving when I got my p-valve as I dive a few times a week... But yea, you want no hair down there, not even a few days of growth.

To get the glue off the she-p can be a pain but the Remove pads will do this.

Anyway that's just my tips :)

Thank you Ladies, good tips. Curious,... how do I go about ordering one? All the tech divers at my LDS are guys,.... so they're not much help on such delicate issues. Does a standard P valve work? or is there any certain one that will work better? Sorry,... I'm quite clueless.

Sas, I didn't end the dive because of "nature's call" but I wasn't exactly comfortable at the end of the dive either.

Which remover are you using? The Remove pads shouldn't be used on skin as it will really irritate but the Allkare pads should be fine.

I tried the Remove pads as well as other glue remover pads and had the same results. Skin irritation. The Remove pads can be used on the skin per the instructions but it does say to cleanse thoroughly afterward. Instead of removing the glue then getting ready to shower, I have to make sure that I am ready for the shower right after I am using the glue remover to reduce the irritation.

Soap and water is not enough to get rid of the glue or I would just go that route.

I will look for the AllKare pads to try and see how that works.

Tammy- I ordered mine from Laura at Representing a giant step forward in the world of continence aids for women! I ordered it one day, paid using paypal, and it was here two days later. From what I could tell, she is the US distributor of the She-P. I bought Kit #1 and sent my suit to DUI to have the P-Valve installed. If you have someone locally who can install the P-Valve go that route. I have met a lot of people who installed it on their own and looking at mine, it does not seem that difficult to do. DUI hit me up for shipping, leak test and a new zipper during the P-valve install.

Thank you Ladies, good tips. Curious,... how do I go about ordering one? All the tech divers at my LDS are guys,.... so they're not much help on such delicate issues. Does a standard P valve work? or is there any certain one that will work better? Sorry,... I'm quite clueless.

Sas, I didn't end the dive because of "nature's call" but I wasn't exactly comfortable at the end of the dive either.

Looks like your questions have been answered about where to order the she-p itself....as for the p-valve, any standard p-valve will work. I use a Light Monkey balanced p-valve.

Installing it is deceivingly simple as well! With my TLS, I ordered two of the p-valve gaskets and put them on the inside and outside of the suit, sandwiching the suit and gaskets with the p-valve. I burned a hole through the leg with a soldering iron and screwed the p-valve in there. It was not more than a couple minute install.

Neoprene is just as easy and I didn't bother with the gaskets for that suit as it is thicker and compressible....don't know if it would have made a difference for either suit. And I haven't had any leaking issues, so I didn't bother to aquaseal the p-valve in.

Thank you ladies, I really appreciate it:blinking:. I will be ordering one very soon. I have a TLS drysuit also, so installation shouldn't be an issue. My cave instructor installs the P- valves for the guys in their drysuits all the time. Good info here.
THANK YOU!!!!!! :)

Congrats Tammy. It makes long dives better now.used mine today... well did not "use" it but had it in place just in case. I spent the day on the lake on a boat that has no head. Glad I had it just in case.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom