Divine Diving, Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ms. Ann Thrope

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I think I've only read one mention here of someone having dived with Divine Diving out of Flores and have only found one or two blogs that mention them. Has anyone here been diving with them?

Hi,

I was in Flores this December and spoke with the lady that runs Divine. I chose to dive with Reef Seekers and can't recommend them highly enough. My friends dove with Divine and gave it mixed reviews. They thought the owner was great but the DM (the most important people) left much to be desired. According to them the DM didn't point out much and took less experienced divers to sites they should not have been diving. My suggestion is to go and speak to the different dive shops. The DM could have been having a bad day or my friends may have insisted on going on dives beyond their abilities.

Hi,

I've been diving with different dive centers i Komodo.

I was diving with Divine Diving last summer. The dutch DM was terrible and in no way can I recommend diving with him. They had a local DM who was really great, but I know that he is not working with them anymore. So look into the DMs and which dive spots they are going to.

Divine Diving wasn't that keen on going far to the best spots, because of the use of petrol. So you also have to look into which spots the go to.

Good luck - Komodo is fantastic under the right cercumstances. I'll be back there again this summer :eek:)

So what was terrible about the divemaster? I'm not that concerned about a DM taking newer divers to non-beginner spots, as long as it doesn't translate into taking fairly experienced divers into impossible spots! But a DM who doesn't "know" the reef can suck the fun out of a dive. The reason I'm interested in Divine Diving is that they have a little three-day fairly inexpensive "safari." Which looks more like camping, actually. Being with a bad divemaster would obviously make the experience less good. I'll have to look a little more closely.

I suggest you try to find out more information in internet about that's dive operator or follow live a board that have reputable for diving in komodo. Only one you have to note before diving there, are they have good accident and risk management and insurance cover.

Just wanted this thread to end on a better note. We went out with Divine Diving and had a great time. DM was a conservation-minded Indonesian ex-fisherman who's been diving the park since the early '90s or so. He knew the currents well, and the diving was easy. In 3 days we squeezed in 10 dives, a jaunt to see the dragons and a sunset bat extravaganza. We slept on foam mattresses on deck, beneath infinite stars. The head was not exactly girl-friendly, but it was clean. There was a really good cook and three additional crew, so we were well taken care of. It's not for everyone, but we had a great time. I'll try to post a proper trip report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom