Divi Flamingo July 2-10 looking for dive buddy or group.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be returning to Bonaire after a long time away from the island visiting other locations. So after getting past the theft that I saw both in 2007 and 2011, I guess it faded somewhat and all I can remember is how much I enjoyed the shore diving and thought, let's give Bonaire another try. So, I'll be at Divi with a non diver friend and will be diving solo or with anyone that would be around at the sites. Let me know if you're going to be around July 2 through 10, diving July 3-9.

While I'm at it, anybody know, in the recent (last two weeks) water temp there? I'm not looking for a guess or a normal, but if you've been there in the water I'd love to know if you see 79, 80, or 81 ?

Also anybody that's been there in the last 6 months or so want to tell me their favorite "nice" restaurant, "medium priced" restaurant, and "good value" or lunch restaurant? I'd like to have good experiences at all 3 types depending on our mood for that day. Last time there, I watched a woman get her purse grabbed from her arm at an outside seat along a railing from someone walking up the sidewalk along the restaurant. I didn't forget that !!! Thanks in advance for all of the useful info. Please leave the opinions about theft there to yourself as I know all about the proper things to do while renting a truck while on a dive trip. I am neither expecting a problem nor going to dwell on what I experienced there 5 and 9 years ago. I'm there to shore dive and have fun, eat well, meet fun people, and use my head concerning safety as I always do. Thank you

"nice" restaurant is next door: At Sea. Best on the island. It is expensive. Second nicest restaurant is a few steps further away: Capriccio. It is expensive as well. Both can be considered "fine dining". My divebuddy only takes me to nice restaurants.

One step down (and still very close to Divi) is 4 Seasons. My divebuddy would call it medium priced.

Another medium priced venue is La Guernica (it is down town just passed Karels) and features tapas. We generally order about 6 between us. 15 minute stroll from the Divi.

A 20 minute brisk walk will get you to It Rains Fishes, medium priced.

A new venue just opened during our last trip at Xmas time across the street from 4 Seasons: The Barrel Room. More of a wine bar with some food. Limited menu, lots of wines by the glass.

Note that you will likely need reservations at At Sea & Capriccio (and often It Rains Fishes). These are all diner venues. We eat a simple cold lunch in our room from stuff we grabbed at the Sunshine Market.

Theft? meh. Be street smart. Boanire has less crime than my home city...

"nice" restaurant is next door: At Sea. Best on the island. It is expensive. Second nicest restaurant is a few steps further away: Capriccio. It is expensive as well. Both can be considered "fine dining". My divebuddy only takes me to nice restaurants.

One step down (and still very close to Divi) is 4 Seasons. My divebuddy would call it medium priced.

Another medium priced venue is La Guernica (it is down town just passed Karels) and features tapas. We generally order about 6 between us. 15 minute stroll from the Divi.

A 20 minute brisk walk will get you to It Rains Fishes, medium priced.

A new venue just opened during our last trip at Xmas time across the street from 4 Seasons: The Barrel Room. More of a wine bar with some food. Limited menu, lots of wines by the glass.

Note that you will likely need reservations at At Sea & Capriccio (and often It Rains Fishes). These are all diner venues. We eat a simple cold lunch in our room from stuff we grabbed at the Sunshine Market.

Theft? meh. Be street smart. Boanire has less crime than my home city...
I forgot about Sebastians - operating in the old Richards location. Medium priced, good food. Service was a little odd. We will return. It is a 7 minute walk away from town from the Divi.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. I believe the water temp was 82 or 83. It was our 7th trip in 7 years.

Our favorite restaurants:
Patagonia-Medium to high priced
Eddy's-cheap to medium priced
Diver's Dinner-cheap to medium priced
BobbiJan's-cheap to medium priced
Pasa Bon Pizza-cheap to medium priced
Rum Runners-cheap to medium priced

You will need wheels to get to most of these places.

Between 2 buns was most excellent and overall price was very good. And there is an ice cream place next door that kills the after dive cotton mouth ( or dive munchies)

I'll be staying in Belnem 6/26-7/10. PM with an email address and we can see about getting in some dives.
I think the Kite food truck has the best meals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom