Diveyak and motors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BusterDive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just won a diveyak (an older black two seater) on eBay and was wondering if anyone has used a motor one one of these guys yet, and if so what kind?
9702_1.JPG

BusterDive:
I just won a diveyak (an older black two seater) on eBay and was wondering if anyone has used a motor one one of these guys yet, and if so what kind?
9702_1.JPG
Hey Buster,

I just saw your diveyak, and I am thinking of getting one. I am in California, and have seen your (black) model, as well as the yellow and white one that takes a 3.5hp motor -- the one I'm more interested in. I thought so, anyway, until I read that you are trying for a motor. Have you gotten one to work on your yak? I heard that only the yellow and white (model 2020) one takes one, but maybe that's just marketing. That would be good news, because your model costs significantly less! have you tried paddling a 2 seat diveyak solo? What was your experience in maneuvering and wind, or having one end be under-weighted, etc.? Would paddling solo not be a good idea? I am asking because I thought it might be a good idea to have a seat to share with different buddies, but also go alone for pole fishing or just paddling around (I only buddy dive). Thanks and best wishes!
Peter

I have a hardshell sit on top and I've played with the idea of a trolling motor. In Florida, once it has a motor, it needs to be registered. I finally decided I need the exercise more than a motor, although it would be nice for fishing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom