Dives in Howe Sound, Furry Creek Britannia Beach-Minaty Bay>?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

99north

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had a question about a couple of diving spots and if anyone has ever had any experience with them or not.

The Furry Creek dive:
Location?,,,is this the small cove that's just off the Golf Course hole # 14 by the ocean? You used to be able to park at a small pullout and walk down there before the new highway. There is parking by the Railway tracks now, if this is the location its a long hump to the bay from here.

Minaty Bay - Just before Britannia Beach....there's a small cove that is used by movie companies now and then,,,you can see it in the distance if your coming south on highway 99. I've walked over there and it looks like it might be okay,,,not sure of currents and depth. Again long hike in.

Thanks for any info
99north

The Furry Creek dive:
Location?,,,is this the small cove that's just off the Golf Course hole # 14 by the ocean? You used to be able to park at a small pullout and walk down there before the new highway. There is parking by the Railway tracks now, if this is the location its a long hump to the bay from here.
I believe the parking spot you describe is correct. Fire up Google Earth and fly to 49°35'8.79"N / 123°13'22.55"W

That should land you on or pretty near the parking lot. It's located directly across the street from the townhouse development and, as you say, by the railway tracks. There's lots of parking available.

The walk to the beach is relatively easy and short. Bare to your left before entering the beach and there's small set of stairs on your right to get down to the beach (or, at least the logs).

Swim out to the orange mooring buoy, drop down and head north and descend to about 60' and you should find the wall. Nice dive with decent life.

If you go, please report back on the vis and the dive, in general.

yes that's the spot at Oliver's landing,,I'll have to check it out. The one I was thinking of is the Golf course hole 14,,,the one that's picturesque by the Sound. There used to be a small pulloff going south,,,there's a little cove just to the south of this golf hole..Korean's used to fish out the area until DOF got wise and fined them all one day, took cars and everything. I have always wondered about this spot for diving

Hi 99 north,

A few of us are doing a 3 tank charter with the sea dragon out of Horseshoe Bay this Snday if you want to join us. Meeting at 8:30 at the marina closest to the ferries. If you want to go call Jan or Kevin to book your spot. Sea Dragon Charters is how you can reach them.

Stuart

CRAP!
I just got this message now....OH well.....please keep me in mind, we'd love to do the next one.
We are away to Loreto in the Baja next weekend ( long weekend diving) and then the following weekend would work

Thanks so much for the invite,,please keep me in mind!

Regards
Good diving
Gene and Andrea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom