Dives in Cincinnati Driving Range

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cincycolerain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was given the challenge/opportunity to plan a weekend/or long weekend diving trips for an organization. The only requirements are it has to be no more than 6 hour drive from Cincinnati, which can get me into OH, WV, KY, IL, TN, southern MI and, eastern PA. They are wanting to do 3-4 dives on Saturday and Sunday but want something entertaining in the evening to do.

I am already planning on trip to Bonne Terre Mine but I need 4 more suggestions. I am looking forward to your suggestions. If you know the area and recommend dive boats, shops, hotels, campgrounds etc please help with any information.

Thanks

Mermet Springs in S. Ill, Haigh Quarry in N. Ill, Pennyroyal in KY, Gilboa Quarry in OH. Lake Michigan or other great lake shipwreck sites. I love diving on Lake Michigan. There is a lot history to see. The old wooden wrecks are very well preserved as well. They offer dive sites for all levels of divers (Novice - Technical).

Try Martha's Quarry. It is just outside of Nashville. Iy is a huge place/

Portage Quarry near Bowling Green, OH was a must for us on the DAN weekend in late July as I recall. The TA Dive Club from Columbus organized it and we lived in Cincinnati. The divers were from all over--Michigan, Indiana, Ohio--plenty of primitive camping, but few hookups for rv's....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom