Diversnight 2008 - going for a world record on Dec. 4th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
logo460x60.jpg

On December 4. at 20:08, probably more than 3000 divers will enter the water at the same time.

Not only divers of the nordic countries are participating this year. Several more countries seems to be interested; Denmark, Estland, Egypt, Finland, Netherlands, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Svalbard and the Faroe Islands have confirmed their participation.

This years dive will be the fourth annual nightdive we arrange, and the number of participating divers grows bigger every year.

2005. 351 divers in Norway.
2006. 889 divers in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
2007. 1859 divers in Denmark, Estland, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and also Svalbard.
2008. We are going for a new record! You can find the location of the different divesites HERE.

The nightdive is a social event, well known for its excellent cakes and great prizes among its participants. The nightdive is ment to be a free-of-charge gathering and is made possible thanks to voluntary work and helpful sponsors.

The main purpose of the nightdive, is that we accomplish something together above the level of clubs and boarders. We get the opportunity to show the world what a great hobby we have, and maybe recruite more divers. Not only to the sport itself, but to year-round diving even if it might be a little dark and chilly.

I'd be in....but it's a long flight from the US to norway tonight....

Well, I'm just out of the water! Got to inspect "my" mid-eavel wreck (dated between 1470-1520) and everything was alright and untouched! We were 13 divers here, but I here they hope for as much as 3000 divers in all!!. -In many countries!

Here we are! I'm #2 from the left. Water was 5C at the bottom, 4C up to about 2 meters and with about 2C in the surface. My buddy and I had a 40 minutes dive with max depth at 30 meters. We were 13 divers in the water from our club.

So far they've counted 2127 divers in the water simultanously. But several dive sites haven't reported in yet. I think we can say we've set a new world record in scuba diving! :D

Attachments

• diversnight_mjosa.jpg
    diversnight_mjosa.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom