How to have a Working holiday in Australia as a Divemaster / Instructor?Answers here:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carl_Fallon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Each year 1000's of new divers between the age of 18 and 30 get travel to Australia to dive... But the smart ones actually get paid to do it! Check out how...

The Australia government have special visa arrangements with several countries including England, United State of America, and lot more. Coming to Australia as a working holiday maker allows you to actually get paid to work, allows you to study for up 3 months in most occasions, and let you have the time of your life!

Probably the best thing about working in Australia while on holiday, is that you really get to experience Australia like a true aussie local! You get to make close friends, and have experiences like no other! You really will love it!

Working Holiday Visas are the best way to get to explore Australia, while training towards becoming a PADI Professional and setting yourself up for employment to support your travels.

Sydney offers a unique opportunity for young people looking at coming to Australia. Home to the only PADI Career Development Centre in the state, Sydney offers the perfect base for you to begin your BIG TRIP DOWNUNDER.

Abyss Scuba Diving, located just 15 minutes south of Sydney City, and are currently taking applications for diving internships that will take you from a new diver all the way through to an experienced PADI Divemaster or PADI Instructor.

These programs are the perfect way to take advantage of the Working Holiday Visa. You will get a gauranteed job placement within 60 days of graduating from your internship, ensuring you begin to get paid work to help you travel and explore Australia!!! How cool is that?

What does the Working Holiday Visa let me do?

If you are granted one of these visa's you can:
  • Stay and travel and work around Australia for up to 12 months
  • Study toward becoming a PADI Divemaster or Instructor for up to 4 months
  • Travel and work in Australia as a PADI Dive Professional for up to 6 months with each dive centre, live-a-board dive vessel or resort location
It is very simple and easy to get these visa's. Basically you just need to be between 18 and 30 years old and comply with a few other criteria.

There are 2 different visa's that let you work and study while on holiday in Australia. These are:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)

For people from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.

To check your eligibility for this visa go here: Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)

Information for applicants from Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA on holiday and work visas in Australia.

To check your eligibility for this visa go here: Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

What happens when I arrive in Sydney?

From the moment you arrive you will feel like a local. Greeted by our friendly staff, we will show you arround and help you find your feet in Sydney. Then all the fun begins...

Depending on the Internship you choose, you will spend up between 8 and 16 weeks in Sydney diving and training up to Instructor Level. You will become part of the Sydney dive community and learn how to be a true PADI Dive Professional.

During your Internship we will also send you to Cairns to live on the Great Barrier Reef from 2 - 4 weeks! Including return flights, accommodation, food and diving. While here you will get to see some of the best diving in the world!

Click here to view an amazing video taken from the live-a-board you will be staying on while on the Great Barrier Reef for upto 4 weeks!

When you return to Sydney, you'll get some additional dive industry experience, then begin to work and get paid to travel around Australia as a NEW PADI DIVE PROFESSIONAL! How awesome does that sound!

You will work with our Career Advisor and Professional Job Placement Team, to help you leap-frog around Australia's amazing coast line, and get work experience as you go. From South West Rocks, to the Ribbon Reefs on the Great barrier Reef... you pick where you want to travel and we will do our best to get you paid work to help you go there! Truly, a trip of a lifetime.

For more details on Divemaster, Instructor and Diving Internship in Australia and on the Great Barrier Reef, contact me (Carl Fallon). I am a PADI Course Director and the Career Development Manager at Abyss Scuba Diving in Sydney. My full details are found in my signature below.

Check out: PADI Diving Internships| Divemaster Internship - Sydney Australia | Employment for a list of scuba diving internships with Abyss Scuba Diving starting in Sydney, Australia.

Check Abyss out on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sydney-Australia/Abyss-Scuba-Diving-Sydney/127005245475?ref=ts

For more detials on the working holiday visa check out:
Visa Options - Working Holiday - Visas & Immigration

G'day everyone, :D

I thought i would tag in an awesome blog that on of our diving internship candidates are doing at the moment. If you want to read about someone training towards instructor watch this space:

Click this link to read the blog: Don't Forget Your Travel Blog!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to the marketplace area

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom