diversdiscount.com lies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see you're located in Atlanta, have you tried Divers Supply? I don't know where you are in Atlanta, but they have stores in Doraville and Marietta (the Big store/home office is in Macon). I've been to both the Doraville and the Macon stores. They also have a website:
http://www.divers-supply.com/

Diver's Direct is a joke.

I've placed 3 orders with them, and they screwed up all 3. The worst thing is they don't even bother to return emails. I was going to order a dive skin for myself and my fiancee, and asked them about sizes since they didn't have a chart online. They sent me a one sentence response 'You would both need a large'.

This is for myself 5'11', 190 #s and my fiancee, 5'5", 140#'s. And the skin was unisex. You explain that answer to me. I sent back an email questioning it, but they never responded.

Darryl

Thanks to this thread I sure won't do business with these guys. If there's one thing I hate it's bad customer service.

Being a member of a dive club at a local shop does pay off somewhat. Our shop will match any price lower then theirs that you find on any product they sell as long as you can prove the other price is accurate. In the case of the Internet that is very easy. It's a nice perk. You may want to check with your local dive shops and see if they do anything similar for their members. It could save you allot of headaches.

Originally posted by dvleemin
Diver's Direct is a joke.
Darryl...

Since the thread started off discussing Divers Discount (based in California), are you adding Divers Direct (based in Florida) to the mix? Or did you cross some wires? Want to make sure we working on apples and apples.

FYI for the others...I've orderd some simple things from Diver's Direct (T-shirts, Trident brand accessories, hooded vest) and have had good success with them and good customer service.

TexasMike...

I agree, Divers Direct has never given me a problem. DiversDiscount has the customer service issues.

:confused: Anyone think there are too many "D"s being thrown around here??

Pdomen

Actually there problem is is two fold. One, when i asked when i could expect the item the said one to two weeks. This was a lie! when i inquired about the time it was taking the blame everyone else but themselves. I am not just refering to the one or der, i have placed 3 orders there that they screwed up.

Also, this happened today:
They servcied my tank valves and had my tanks hydros done. Any other shop would have included a fill with this. They gave me the tanks back empty. I went today to fill it at a LDS and the valve is all screwed up. Now i piad for its servicing and it should be working perfecly. So i had to take time out to go there and have them fix it. Which they said they did but couldnt test it because they dont pump air. Needless to say i took it back to another LDS for a fill and its still not working. Now i really am pissed because i have to drive all over the place to get this damn valve fixed that shouldnt even be broken.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Andy

if you read my old post here u will see they owed me a valve or the cost of the valve. I asked them for the valve or the $ which they gave me. WHY DID I HAVE TO ASK? THEY KNEW THEY OWED ME AND BLEW IT OFF.

At 3:00 pm this afternoon I read this post with certain amount of indifference.

I was sure that my "3 day shipped" order from DiversDiscount would arrive by tommorow. I had placed the order Monday with plenty of time before we would leave on Saturday. It would be here later today-no doubt. I got an email confirmation that the order was filled and on its way.

Damn, those people at DiversDiscount!!!!!!!!!!!

They called and told my wife that the hooded vest I ordered wasn't in stock. They said they could send one like it but it was $30.00 more.

My wife didn't know what I wanted to do, since I was at work, so she said "yes".

I would have said "F YOU"!!!!!!!!!

I thought LeisurePro was a bit weak on the customer service but at least they tell you if the item is in stock. DiversDiscount isn't even that inexpensive relative to other online dive retailers.

I have had very few problems with online purchasing but this is the worse. I have never had a problem with DiversDirect.

DiscountDivers sucks the bag!!!!!!!!!!( I haven't said that since 83')

OOPPPSS

Got to be careful.

I meant to say that DiversDiscount sucks the bag........NOT DiscountDivers(which is another online retailer)..

I have never bought anything from DiscountDivers and therefore have no opinion.

Back
Top Bottom