diversdiscount.com lies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gentlegiant

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I placed an order for some Henderson wetsuits though diversdiscount.com yesterday evening and paid for overnight shipping so we would have the order prior to our Dry Tortugas dive trip next week. Over 24 hours later they decide to call us back and tell us that the items are not in stock and will not be in stock until after we leave for the trip. This is after they had charged our credit card. The sales rep told us to call Henderson to ask why their order was not shipped, that should not be our responsibility. Be aware if you decide to order anything through this outfit as they apparently do not track their stock and they take quite a long time to process anything.

BTW, we do purchase quite a bit of equipment through our LDS and our other favrite dive shop in Decatur Alabama but they did not have these items available.

Leisure-Pro will ship to your travel destination so your suits could meet you there.

Just a thought...

Have a great trip!!

Every trip I've been on, we have had a problem. At least your getting yours out of the way ahead of time so you can enjoy your trip! :wink:

looking forward to your trip report!

I have ordered from Leisurepro and would have ordered these items from them if they carried them. I do like Leisurepro and have never had any problem ordering from them. If other sites were as professional as leisurepro I would not have had this problem. The big problem here is a matter of stock tracking and carrying the specific items we wanted. We have asked our LDS to check on these items for us.

Funny you mentioned DiversDiscount

My scuba instructor said they did the same thing to him. The charged his card and never sent the item.

My experience with them has been the time it takes to get what i odered and paid for. I paid for a Halcyon spool and 9 weeks later it comes in. I was down there every week asking wheres my spool. They always blamed Halcyon, which was BS. They never placed the order when i paid, and forgot to place it until 2 weeks had past. There customer service sucks the big one.

Also there ad for an AL40 says $119 plus tax(128 ish). I ordered the tank which includes a valve. I purchased a sherwood DIn for it instead yet they never credited me for the valve that was supposed to come with the tank, nor did they give me the valve ( which i paid for). I paid for 2 valves i should have got 2 valves. I am pretty damn pissed off with them.

to sum up one more time, DIVERSDISCOUNT doesnt know the meaning of the word customer service!

Andy
its been a week and i am still pissed

Sorry for your problem, but in defense of DiversDiscount, I have placed a number of orders and all (except one) has shipped on time and correctly. In the case of the one order, they promptly notified me of the back order, offered to ship an alternative item, and when I said no, they shipped the remaining items at the proper price. You did take an awful chance, trying to order wetsuits one week before a trip,,,,you know what they say about Murphy's Law....best of luck anyway....

Although did order from leisure pro.

There are some risks with buying online. I do this alot for scuba and for motorcycling stuff. Sometimes you have to follow up by phone to prevent f**k ups.

Generally, web merchants make our lives easier and less expensive.

Ari :)

I ordered from DiversDiscount.com for the first time last week. The order status has been listed as "being processed for mailing" for a week now. I am not that concerned because I didn't order anything that I absolutely need right away ( sorry to hear about your situation cbriggs77). However, what gets me is the fact that I paid extra for 3 day shipping so I would get the order sooner!! If it was going to take so long I would have saved the money and gone with standard shipping.

Wish I'd read this thread first! Before my vacation in April I ordered some minor items: 2 Halcyon knives and a Henderson skinsuit for my 10-year old daughter. Had 2 weeks for delivery, seemed easy. Well after several days of seeing the order still being processed on the website (glad I checked!), I called to find out the knives were back ordered. Calling again after several more days, the ship date kept slipping. So I canceled the knives (got them shipped in 2 days from Lloyd Bailey and at a better price!) and added a cheap underwater camera for my son. All was now in stock. But by now we needed 3-day delivery, which I had to pay for. OK fine. Guess what? Upon checking the tracking number from the website the next day, I discovered the shipment had gone ground, which would get it to me one day too late! I called yet again, and they agreed to ship a duplicate shipment via Next Day Air at no additional shipping expense to me. So that one did come, just one day before we departed, and of course when we returned from vacation the first shipment was here waiting for us. I shipped that back UPS ground and they agreed to credit my card both the full merchandise being returned plus the $5.52 shipping cost. So money wise, other than paying for fast shipping that I wouldn't have had to if they had originally known the knives would take so long, I didn't lose anything, but the hassle and time were immense for such a minor purchase. Do you think I will ever, ever buy from Divers Discount again??

Regards,
Peter

PS: Andy, in defense of DD, I actually found their customer service people were always trying to be helpful and in the end did their best to make things right. I think the company's problems are in their information systems and ordering/stock control areas. If you've not received the right stuff per your order, I'd call them again and explain patiently, and I'd bet they'll take care of you eventually.

I placed an order through DiversDiscount that got so screwed up I finally canceled it. The impression that I got was that they stock little to nothing, perhaps that’s why the prices are so low. They do some very strange things such as asking you when you need it to allow them to order it from the manufacturer after they get your order. Additionally there is no way to find out if they have an item in stock until after you’ve ordered it.

If you have lots of time and want the cheapest price they’re an option, otherwise I would stay away from them.

Mike

There seems to be a recurring theme here. It seems that as long a you order something that is common sizes and does not require any special handling they do OK. Where the problems seem to come in is any uncommon sizes (2 and 3 XL suits in my case) or is specialized or technical gear that is no commonly carried or ordered frequently. I would not have had a problem if they had simply stated on the site somewhere that special sizes or equipment may not be in stock or somethign to that effect. They really need to re-think the way they handle their site and their order process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom