Divers Unlimited to be SCUBA Emporium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olddiver2

Reaction score
I dropped by Divers Unlimited today to find out why their dive boat has not been at the marina at Dania for some time, and got the scoop from Rick. After a long and successful run, the owners decided to sell the business to SCUBA Emporium, a Chicago operation.

From their website (SCUBAEMPORIUM.COM) I copied the following:

"SCUBA EMPORIUM has been a professional scuba training center in Illinois since 1974. We have trained thousands of successful divers and the staff at SCUBA EMPORIUM is eager to assist you with all your diving needs. "

Rick told me the boat was in dry dock being refitted with many needed upgrades and should be back in the water in a week or so. One important feature - more speed - will give more range and a greater selection of dive sites. The staff expressed enthusiasm that the new owners would privide even better service than Divers Unlimited.

I have always liked the staff, selection of products, service department, on-site pool, and the fact that they own a dive boat. Their big May 6th InTenCity event will be a good opportunity for you to stop by and get acquainted.

I am not affiliated in any way with Divers Unlimited or SCUBA Emporium.

My very firstest Dive shop. They are still keeping the name though right?

I remember taking the "basic Scuba" class at 441 and Hollywood Blvd. The pool dives were in McArthur HS Pool. It so happened that they were also conducting a life guard class, of HS Females. I was thirteen and decided that breathing underwater was good and diving was GREAT!

I also remember Andrea Nelson the Instructor. Holding her hand out on the diving board waiting for me to put that 5#'er in her hand. It took me three tries from the diving well but I got it there. That was tough for a 13yro.

I will have to stop in on them sometime when I am heading that way.....

It is on west Pines now right?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom