Divers Supply in JAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

Is Divers Supply in JAX worth a visit or is it more like Leisure Pro where all the action is online and you won't find anything to look at in the shop? (Worth = at least better than hanging out at the airport when waiting for a flight :) )

piikki:
Hi

Is Divers Supply in JAX worth a visit or is it more like Leisure Pro where all the action is online and you won't find anything to look at in the shop? (Worth = at least better than hanging out at the airport when waiting for a flight :) )

Worth the trip, about 50/50 rec and tec....
Sometimes they have some pretty good stuff on sale.

I stop occasionally when I am in Jax.

diver doh:
Worth the trip, about 50/50 rec and tec....
Sometimes they have some pretty good stuff on sale.

I stop occasionally when I am in Jax.

Where is this place? I'll be passing through next week on my way south; I'd like to stop and check it out.

it's on Beach Blvd and Southside Blvd, at 9701 Beach Blvd

phone is 904-646-3828

when i buy from them, i usually buy online. the store is nice, but nowhere
near as stocked as the internet site

diver doh:

I notice you are from St Augustine - may I bother you further with scuba shopping questions?

During my stay (end of Jan), St Aug is my base, and I've only found one shop locally (Sea Hunt), and of course they are not even open on Sundays which would be a very good thing... (could scavenge rental tanks/weights for whole stay instead of picking around for every spring separately). Is this how grim it is, do you know?

Any suggestion where one could get rentals when heading for example towards Alexander Springs' direction from St Aug (assuming day is Sunday)?

i just purchased a henderson 5mm hyperstretch jumpsuit from the divers supply in florida city for $248. leisure pro has the same suit for $338!!!!! other LDS's here in south florida were asking $298-339. iv'e also bought a pair of creesi-sub fins and steel tanks from the same store and they were the cheapest on the internet or locally,,,,,,,,,yes it's worth a visit!!!!!!!!!

reefman
key largo

piikki:
Hi

Don't ask them if they run local charters though. That question strikes some of the staff funny in there when you ask them.

My experience.

Diverjed,
I didn't understand the humor in your post? Why not ask?...It's a dive store. Is it because they're not many weirdos that like to dive dark water to support a dive boat? I would guess about 8-15miles off they'd get some clear water. Just curious.

I have asked, and got a sarcastic snicker when I did so. That was when I first moved here. Wasn't meant to be humourous, just an incident I haven't forgotten.

So to me, it's not worth the trip in!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom