Diver's Day at the Long Beach Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jambi:
Anybody go to any presentations? I wanted to see the one about the b-29 in lake mead but for some reason my 7 year old did not share my enthusiasm.

We went and loved it as always. We attended both Marty Snyderman's shark presentation and Jeff Bozanic's Lake Mead B-29 presentation. Both were terrific.

Since you specifically asked about the B-29... I was surprised that I enjoyed it! Jeff dealt with the logistics of the project in great detail--the gear, the elements, the planning, the results, etc. and I learned something about mixed gases. The emphasis on the technical aspects of the gases was new to me and I am surprised to have enjoyed it!

Marty's sharks were a repeat of last year (I don't recall if it was exactly the same) and since I do not get to see most of them out on real dives (thank goodness!) I needed the review. It is amazing to see so many differences between the various species of sharks. Thanks to Marty and all the other photographers who bring sharks to our consciousness for greater understanding.

One of the best aspects of Diver's Day is seeing so many dive friends from all over So Cal... See you all again at Chamber Day and Chamber Evening!

Jambi:
So.. Who went? How did you guys like it? Anybody goto any presentations? I wanted to see the one about the b-29 in lake mead but for some reason my 7 year old did not share my enthusiasm. Other than that I had a great time.

Jambi

I really enjoyed going. We saw a few people from the board and that is always fun. There is nothing like a complete stranger coming up to you and asking if your "wrinkles' :crafty: We didnt get to go to any presentations because the little ones had other plans but it still was fun.

Ana

wrinkles:
... nothing like a complete stranger coming up to you and asking if your "wrinkles' :crafty:
The pleasure was mine, wrinkles. :D Enjoyed meeting you and sapphire.
Missed the B-29/Lake Mead presentation by Jeff ... missed that it was on, actually. But I'm looking forward to the Northern Pacific Exhibition that's coming. The preview was very cool.

Stefan

Man, I was there all day and didn't see anyone. Huh. It's a small world, till your looking for somebody. Saw Marty's presentation, and got some cool t-shirts.

Oh, well, I saw this guy, anyway. We met for lunch!

At least those of you I did see, to put faces with names. I was really tired, though, so forgive me if I wasn't my usual self. Between the time change and my screwing up the alarm clock, well, I've had better mornings. After a nice lunch, I went home and took a nap. The lectures sounded interesting, but my snoring would have been unwelcomed, I am sure.

TJ, I'm glad you weren't the entree. That sawfish fascinates me. I always check in on it when I go to the Aquarium.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom