Diver's Breakfast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BartBe

Reaction score
Hi all...

What is considered to be a good diver's breakfast... not only health wise but also 'avoid inconvenience-wise' ?
I suppose a full English breakfast including the baked beans, finished off with a few plums for desert is not the best idea before going on a dive ?

Go to page five and you will find a thread titled "Diving Food". You'll find pages of suggestions.....Scott

BartBe once bubbled...
Hi all...

What is considered to be a good diver's breakfast... not only health wise but also 'avoid inconvenience-wise' ?
I suppose a full English breakfast including the baked beans, finished off with a few plums for desert is not the best idea before going on a dive ?
Now that is funny... Talk about panic at 80ft..... LOL :eek:ut: :D

I think that's more geared towards person to person.
I like to have something that's not too heavy but provides me with enough energy to dive. So stuff like cereal, fruit, powerbars or their equivalent. I usually like to do the big meal after my dives... but thats just me...

Scrambled eggs, very loose, with melted cheese.

Greasy suasage links, or nice hot moist flimsy bacon, followed up with licking the grease off the cooking pan (remind the cook to save it)

three of four cups of coffee, black, to ensure you're alert for the dive.

Maybe some biscuits and gravy on the side.

And if you got the time and the appetite, ask for a side of pancakes drenched in maple syrup. Waffle will work too, but don't forget the extra butter and whip cream.

I like catsup on my eggs as well, drown them!

Can't go wrong. :boom:

BartBe once bubbled...
Hi all...

Something that both you and the fish will enjoy, the second time around.

I get a bag of salt and cholesterol at the nearest drive-thru.

DQM, surveyor extraordinaire, when whinin' Ricki found his sammish all wet in his lunch box and was ....well....whinin'; DQ says: "EAT it, it'll make a turd!"

Dang....eat what you always eat before going to work/play/whatever.... just drink plenty, and DIVE!

tony

lol, Some funny replies. I usally Drink coffee and about liter of water before a early dive. I sometimes eat a power bar between dives and go out for beers after the second or third tank.

Once had hot wings on the boat while doing my surface interval. Thought I was going to feed the fish during the second dive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom