Divers Alert Network coming to Denver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roakey

Old, not bold diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/events/index.asp?sort=detail&EventID=400

Upcoming Event
Denver Divers Day - Safer Diving Through Education with DAN

Date: 6/17/06
Location of Event: The Downtown Aquarium
700 Water Street
Denver, Colorado
Phone: +1-919-684-2948
Fax: +1-919-493-3456
Email: cduryea@dan.duke.edu

A Representative From DAN Will Be Attending This Event

Calling all divers, recreational divers, dive professionals, healthcare professionals and others in the Denver, Colo., area!

DAN will conduct Denver Divers Day, a special event just for divers, on June 17 at the Downtown Aquarium on Water Street. The program is entitled “Safer Diving Through Education with DAN.”

Contact DAN Continuing Medical Education (CME), 6 W. Colony Place, Durham, NC 27705, or use the contact information above. Toll-free: 1-800-446-2671 ext. 609 or 610.

Schedule:

http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/events/download/400_DDAY.pdf

Roak

I'll be there, with a sign, so say "Hi".

I've paid my money, but a family emergency may keep me from coming. Last year was a bad year, and it's becoming a bad year and a half... :(

Roak

My wife and I are confirmed, assuming nothing happens.

I've uploaded a new profile pic (a recognizable one) in case anyone is going to be there and wants to say hi.

Currently looks like a go for me, so look for someone who's currently overweight :( wearing a black "Memorial Hospital Blood Bank" polo shirt.

Roak ("Roger" in person)

Today at DAN Divers’ Day, I met my first ScubaBoarders, and they all turned out to be nice folks! Specifically, Wijbrandus, Roakey and (I think) Chotzi.

And DAN presented this year’s Rolex Diver of the Year, who is another local: - Scott Taylor. He got it not only for his continued support of DAN, but also in large part for his many years of active support to handicapped divers. Well deserved.

Hey all. Anyone who wasn't there missed out. I had a great time, even though I had to bail halfway through the afternoon part.

Knotical's list is right, except Chotzi wasn't there. That's a guy I work with.

Scott definitely deserved the award he recieved. I wish they would have spent a little more time on what he did and why, but still it was a very nice ceremony. He's a good guy, and his wife Lynne is awesome too.

And no, I have not forgotten my assignment, Knotical. I just haven't had the time to figure out a time and place. Any suggestions? Somewhere fairly local that we can make a morning and maybe and afternoon out of? I keep coming up with Chatfield - ugh...

Wijbrandus:
And no, I have not forgotten my assignment, Knotical. I just haven't had the time to figure out a time and place. Any suggestions? Somewhere fairly local that we can make a morning and maybe and afternoon out of? I keep coming up with Chatfield - ugh...
For the curious, the assignment is to organize a get-together. Toward that end, I'll start a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom