Diverite HID 1000 -burn time rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_moron

Contributor
Reaction score
Diverite rated their HID 1000 at 3.5 hour burn time.
I can't get more than 3 hours from a full charge.
Does anyone get more than 3 hours of burn time from their HID 1000?

Thanks in advance.

Im sure dive rite wouldnt over exaggerate the specs of their lights would they?

To get their 3.5 hour burn time rating they probably built a battery pack from specially chosen cells, charged it fully then ran it at the optimal temperature for the optimal burn time then turned it off let the pack self regenerate and repeated until they got 3.5 hours.
Dont expect your battery pack to behave the same.
You could of course take it back and ask for a replacement but my guess is you will get the same result. You could of course keep asking for a replacement untill you either hit the jack pot or DR finally admit that the actual average burn time of that model light is infact less than 3 hours under average conditions.

Im sure dive rite wouldnt over exaggerate the specs of their lights would they?

To get their 3.5 hour burn time rating they probably built a battery pack from specially chosen cells, charged it fully then ran it at the optimal temperature for the optimal burn time then turned it off let the pack self regenerate and repeated until they got 3.5 hours.
Dont expect your battery pack to behave the same.
You could of course take it back and ask for a replacement but my guess is you will get the same result. You could of course keep asking for a replacement untill you either hit the jack pot or DR finally admit that the actual average burn time of that model light is infact less than 3 hours under average conditions.

Thanks Packhorse,

I think you're right. Diverite tells me the normal burn time deviates between 3 to 3.5 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom