Diver Rescued During Hurricane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be honest all joking aside I'd like to some of the keyboard warriors in this lost would handle being on a vessel during Irma. It was probably his pride and joy so you can understand why he didn't just leave it. Also possible that putting on his scuba gear might have saved his life. I mean without it he may not have been able to breathe as easily whilst swimming.

would handle being on a vessel during Irma.
That's the point. I was looking forward to hearing how he got in the water, but was flabbergasted that he was trying to ride out Irma on a tiny little sail boat. My opinion dropped even further, but I am glad he is alive.

To be honest all joking aside I'd like to some of the keyboard warriors in this lost would handle being on a vessel during Irma. It was probably his pride and joy so you can understand why he didn't just leave it. Also possible that putting on his scuba gear might have saved his life. I mean without it he may not have been able to breathe as easily whilst swimming.

As someone who has had to ditch thousands of dollar of gear I can answer your question. You swallow your pride, shed a tear, and then get the !@#$% out of there. Gear can be replaced, that is what insurance is for. One's life cannot. So no I can not understand why he and others pulled such a bone headed move. Especially because at the end of the day he and others required assistance to get to safety.

Last edited:
Reactions: tep
In the final analysis, I truly believe he would have died without that snorkel! :D :D :D

Let's hope when you make a mistake that almost costs your life we are all.going to be here to tell you how stupid you are and make jokes about it. :)

We all do stupid things, most of the time we get away with it. But when we do not, we are dead. I have friends who are in the former and later. Those in the former (myself included) do understand how stupid we were and joke about it. Remember the old adage: “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from poor judgment.”

We all do stupid things, most of the time we get away with it. But when we do not, we are dead. I have friends who are in the former and later. Those in the former (myself included) do understand how stupid we were and joke about it. Remember the old adage: “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from poor judgment.”
So here you answer your question above.

Let's hope when you make a mistake that almost costs your life we are all.going to be here to tell you how stupid you are and make jokes about it. :)

I sincerely hope that if I do something stupid enough to nearly lose my life (or not nearly) that you all will be kind enough to laugh at and learn from my mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom