Diver pokes shark in eye, survives head chomp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! You DIR folks can keep your broken Betty Crocker knives. Me, I want at least an abalone chisel or better yet, the legendary SEAHAWK. It was the excaliber of knives that real divers toted back in the day. No self respecting shark will let you kick it's butt with a sissy pair of EMT scissors either.

I recently sold a SEAHAWK dive knife on ebay...........HMmmmmmmmmmmm

This guy was just super lucky. I am sure the fact that he fought and didn't give up helped a lot. Predators don't want to get hurt any more than we do.

Yikes!

"A diver in Australia escaped a 10-foot shark's attack by poking the animal in its eye after it had already chomped on his head once and was preparing for another bite, witnesses and officials said Tuesday."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16766248/from/ET/

If you saw Ocean's Deadliest on Discovery or Animal Planet the other night, you learned that great whites hunt by biting things --boats, dive cages, and unfortunately for this fellow, people--to see if they taste like fish.

Ouch .... that would be excedrin headache #235

Back
Top Bottom