Diver lost by West Palm Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And somehow, they fail to mention the name of the vessel.
Heck, DAN even GIVES AWAY marker boards to dive boats, so they can easily count the number of divers on or off the boat.
No...that's too complicated. Too expensive. (sigh)

And somehow, they fail to mention the name of the vessel.
Heck, DAN even GIVES AWAY marker boards to dive boats, so they can easily count the number of divers on or off the boat.
No...that's too complicated. Too expensive. (sigh)

It does not say why he was missing. He could have failed to return to the boat and the boat reported him missing. Probably a drift dive. You get separated. It is not clear from the limited data whether the boat was negligent or not.

Good point, Steve. Neither tidbit is a really well-written "news" story. I don't think I'd have said "missing from the boat" if it was a diver "overdue to return" to the boat, but that's making assumptions. My bad.

Exactly why I don’t trust the “news”. Most of they time they either don’t understand what they are reporting on or they just want readership. The happy result is all ended well.

Marin is run by Pura Vida out of West Palm. I have a pretty good idea what happened, but I would be very interested in reading their account.

"The last couple of stories about lost divers have turned out to be entirely inaccurate."
If I take that literally, no diver got separated from any boat, there was no USCG action, and no diver got found by any boat. So what really happened was a coupla drunks in a Boston Whaler were fondling a manatee and they put out this story to hide what they'd been up to?

Works for me. I think Carl Hiaasen probably wrote a book along those lines.(G)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom