Diver Indicted in 2003 GBR mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's as guilty as O.J.

Guilty. I do have a question though...the picture they kept showing of her laying on the sea floor and another diver going to her, there is a 3rd diver in the forefront that is checking his gauges. Is this the husband (the guy checking the gauges) or a different diver? If it is a different diver, where is the husband?

Here's a guy on his honeymoon, diving with his new wife with cameras all around, even one taking pictures of him and he is suspected of killing his wife? Right.

That he doesn’t want to return to Australia is troubling, but I think troubling becomes more poignant when you have actual evidence pointing to him that is tangible. Perhaps they have this and are holding it under the table so to speak. For him to not to want to go could be a sign of survivor guilt, or it could be a sign of a man who is trying to move on. It could be that he is guilty also, I admit. Does the US have an extradition treaty with Australia?

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Could it be possible that he has a full time job and bills to pay that prevent him from leaving for an extented time? Also, the last time I looked it wasn't cheap to fly to Australia.

On another note, I am a Public Safety Diver and have Dived a number of times with "certified" Rescue Divers (certifying agency here). It is my observation that most of them would have a hard time rescueing themselves, let alone another Diver in real trouble. I wasn't there so I can't say either way what happened. I do know that when people are under severe pressure such as a terrible loss of a loved one, or being interrogated by Police, they sometimes say things that could be interpreted in different ways.

Regardless of all the "opinions", I hope justice is served whichever way it goes.

Guilty. I do have a question though...the picture they kept showing of her laying on the sea floor and another diver going to her, there is a 3rd diver in the forefront that is checking his gauges. Is this the husband (the guy checking the gauges) or a different diver? If it is a different diver, where is the husband?

That picture seemed alittle strange to me also. I think it may have been the police divers doing their reinactment.

Edit, Just saw the post below about the picture. I was wrong.

Last edited:
Here's a guy on his honeymoon, diving with his new wife with cameras all around, even one taking pictures of him and he is suspected of killing his wife? Right.

it appears his plan was to seperate him and his wife from the group with the supposed 'computer malfunction'. Removing him from view of others and the camera.

(of course he didn't count on another dive boat arriving and putting divers in.... the other boat is the one who snapped the pic on the bottom and brought her to the surface...)

Could it be possible that he has a full time job and bills to pay that prevent him from leaving for an extented time? Also, the last time I looked it wasn't cheap to fly to Australia.

The latest NBC show reported him working for his parents. I wouldn't think time off would be a problem. Just the expenses.....wait a minute...wondering if her life insurance policy paid out????:arrr:

Regardless of all the "opinions", I hope justice is served whichever way it goes.

Agreed.

One thing to remember... Dateline could have used just any dive computer for a prop (for that shot...)

They never showed him with that dive computer (to my knowledge). So I haven't seen anything that 100% verified what kinda of dive computer he was using and was the one shown on TV the same one.

I thought of that but with so much wrong with the story both his and Dateline's I was looking for something that could make sense and that was the only thing.:shakehead:

Will there be a made for TV movie. I guess we'll have to wait for it just like the indictment. If it were as simple as Dateline scripted he would have been arrested by now. It's more wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom