Diver Indicted in 2003 GBR mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught it. I also greatly doubt the plausibility of his story. I've been with a panic'd person before, they don't just drift off and sink.

Also the sinking faster than he could keep up is total BS, and her being too heavy when you can't feel weight in water like that.

And lastly, what would be the big deal in going to the bottom instead of taking a leisurely ascent to the surface.

And the fact that his dive computer does not correlate to his story...

The whole scenario is just crazy.

Total BS I was just more and more pissed off. Him being a rescue diver and not taking care of his wife OMG what a dooC^&bag. If it was my wife I would have kicked as hard as I could to get a hold of her and inflated her BC or whatever I needed to do to get her up.

This guy is a looser and a big fat lier. I hope he gets what he deserves.

I heard that on the news but just ignored that part. It was chris hansen that was covering it; the same guy that does the "to catch a predator" thing.

My wife and I watched it too. I think that he's not telling the whole truth, probably not much of it actually.

I watched and thought his story was pretty transparent, especially with his experience and training. She was also like so many other females you see who got certified because their boyfriends or husbands wanted them to. She did what he wanted her to do out of love and lost her life for it.

Total BS I was just more and more pissed off. Him being a rescue diver and not taking care of his wife OMG what a dooC^&bag. If it was my wife I would have kicked as hard as I could to get a hold of her and inflated her BC or whatever I needed to do to get her up.

This guy is a looser and a big fat lier. I hope he gets what he deserves.

for now, im inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt

he panic'd and didnt handle the situation in a text book manner - but this was the person he loved and who knows the stress involved in a situation like this, afterall stress and panic affects people differently

The wife and I watched this. Good thing I up her life insurance last fall :D. She upped mine as well :(

Did any one else catch this gem??

"They'd already pushed off from the fixed-chain guide the divers call a rope."

:rofl3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom