Diver Found Dead after Search in Tillamook Bay, Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A diver was found dead Friday night in Tillamook Bay, Oregon. I got the following story in an email I get from the Daily Astorian, a newspaper in the county I grew up in.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=398&ArticleID=57609

1/19/2009 9:45:00 AM

Diver from Garibaldi found dead after search

The Daily Astorian

TILLAMOOK - The Tillamook County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a Garibaldi man in his early 40s who was found Friday evening in Tillamook Bay.

U.S. Coast Guard Station Tillamook Bay sent a utility boat out after receiving a call from the owner of Doug's Diving saying that one of the company's smaller boats had not come in for the night.

The Coast Guard crew located the 18-foot Zodiac at anchor in the bay then searched for the diver. His body was found later in the water.

Diving accident kills Oregon man