Diver Down, by Michael R. Ange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did an experiment ... I have a friend who's always been very frank with me that he'd never dive ... but he and I go way back (1st grade actually) and we've always been kinda weird when it comes to stories of morbidity or the grotesque ... we laugh between ourselves about how graphic we can get when describing things and our wives are always leaving the room (boys who haven't grown up sorta thing). Anyway we started talking last night when he was over my house for a visit, about gruesome ways to die, which as you can imagine led me to my recent fodder for thought - Michael Ange's book. One thing led to another and I pulled it off my bookshelf and started reading one of my fav stories to him. He was completely glued. Given how thick our skin is over this type of thing, I was a bit surprised at his reaction. He was kind of quiet as I finished the story, then his only comment was "And that is why I don't dive" ... Doh ... for the last 24 hours I've been beating myself up a bit about it ... my advice to anyone who owns this book - it's not for everyone, you should think before sharing the contents - especially with the squeamish or on the other end of the spectrum - those who already have an anxiety about the water. Just thought this personal advice might help you save a future dive buddy or at least keep noobs diving longer - that is until they are more advanced and more likely to handle it better.

It took me a while to get my hands on this book....but man was it worth the wait!!! Couldn't put it down once I started. What a great read. i Sound like a book critic here LOL :)

Just finished reading my new copy---great refresher mini course,,,,a keeper for my library!

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I'm considering buying this book and was wondering whether it contains any pictures/diagrams to illustrate the various situations/stories, or whether it's just text. I can't find any review/information on this particular question anywhere.

The reason I'd like to know is that I'm considering buying it in ebook format which is fine for text, but if it contains diagrams etc I'd prefer to have a proper book.

Thanks and safe diving!

My short answer is that I don't remember any pictures, which isn't to say that there aren't any. What I will say is that you should just get it and read it.

Thanks for the fast replies :) Will definitely get it - was just a question of format.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom