Diver Detection Sonar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Or better yet, Big Brother might be watching a terrorist trying to blow up a bridge or something.

I remember surfacing in Victoria a few years ago several hundred feet away from a new buddy...

a submarine!!!! Now that's creepy...mind you, it was canadian!!!!

opiniongirl:
I remember surfacing in Victoria a few years ago several hundred feet away from a new buddy...

a submarine!!!! Now that's creepy...mind you, it was canadian!!!!
Creepy? That would be scary, they run into things. :11:

Uncle Pug:
We figure it was active sonar that we were hearing three years ago on this dive. I'm sure that they had us tracked the whole time.

If you heard it, it you weren't being tracked. Sonar in the audio range doesn’t have the resolution to pick up small targets.

Your link isn’t working. Were you diving someplace where the Navy or CG might think you were a threat?
E]

dlndavid:
Or better yet, Big Brother might be watching a terrorist trying to blow up a bridge or something.

dlndavid,

That's even better as far as I'm concerned. You won't find me complaining after putting 26 years in the Navy.

Rickg

rickg:
dlndavid,

That's even better as far as I'm concerned. You won't find me complaining after putting 26 years in the Navy.

Rickg

Hence your location, San Diego. Sometimes people think that the Gov't watching is a bad thing, I'm glad you don't and I know I have nothing to hide.

In Cape Canaveral...we are trying to develope passive acoustics....an ear that listens...no active sonar

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom