Diver Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me see if I understand this, I have only a few minutes of air left, why don't I go solo cave diving at night? Is this really what happened?

Xanthro

Xanthro:
Let me see if I understand this, I have only a few minutes of air left, why don't I go solo cave diving at night? Is this really what happened?

Xanthro
Rumor has it alcohol might have been involved........ if so it could shed a little light on that line of thought..........

My condolences to the family. This was unnecessary, and if alcohol did play a part, well, too many questions tend to pop-up in my mind, but in my experience, I've never met a P.K. (and I have met many), who wasn't wild about the opposite of what his/her parents preach.

His family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers. I REALLY hope that alcohol wasn't a factor, thats crazy to even think about....

Safe diving...
Kayla

condolences to his family and friends.

I was diving Ginnie a couple of years ago and saw several emergency vehicles enter the grounds and head for the cave systems. I don't know how deep the caves are but my wife overheard someone say a man and wife were 1100' in and she asphyxiated due to improper nitrox mix. Her husband brought her out and they were both removed by ambulance. I didn't hear any follow up but I heard that he came directly out with her and didn't stop for safety or deco stops. Maybe someone else has more solid info on this incident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom