Diver Death in Los Angeles- Point Fermin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkdawg:
Why are so many of these deaths by themselves. Four people why go up with only three.

Bottom time........my condolences to the family and friends of the deceased diver.

Maybe the other three didn't have enough air to keep looking.

CompuDude:
The problem is not so much that they surfaced without him as they lost him in the first place. That's where the buddy failure would have occurred. I know, excrement occurs, but still, they should have had some idea of where he was, so they could give the info to the rescuers who were later unable to find him..

I can see where this kind of thing could happen even if everyone did "the right thing". We as divers don't like to think this could happen. We like to think accidents happen to "bad divers" who make stupid mistakes that we would never do. It may turn out that some mistake was made but at this point there is no reason to assume a mistake

there is alot of false info out right now on to what and why it happed yes it was the Olympic that they where diving and there where 5 divers in totle and 4 came up he was a now diver of staying down why others would do suffer intervielws his body was found 35 ft from the wreck not weged under anything i will post the report once it is released

LAJim:
LA Times did another short story with more details, most not dive related.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-briefs18aug18,1,5530324.story?coll=la-headlines-california
So, what does the victim's brother have to do with him drowning? Pretty shoddy reporting, as usual. Always have to look for dirty laundry, even if they have to resort to looking at family. Pretty crappy, IMO.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom