DiveNav has closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I went ahead and bought a CO and O2 sensor through Tiffany at McNeil Int. The total with shipping to Indiana was just under $68. The sensors arrived today and things looked to be in order. The CO sensor looks identical to the one in my Cootwo and of course the part number matches. I did not install the CO sensor as I am waiting for my calibration gas to arrive.

The O2 sensor is slightly larger than the OEM version but not by much. The only main concern is that the base of the new sensor is shaped differently. I was able to easily squeeze it into the housing which then allowed the front and back pieces to fit together. Once reassembled, I used the app to set the installation of a new O2 sensor and then performed a calibration. The calibration process was normal, and I successfully tested a couple tanks. I didn’t have any mix gas on hand so I couldn’t confirm anything other than just air. The O2 sensor from DD Sci. seems to work just fine and at $30 a piece it’s hard to beat. I’ll follow up on how things go with the CO sensor once I have the calibration gas.
CA1A591E-BA54-40EE-B6F4-EBD5853D90FA.jpeg 90692D17-001A-475F-B6DA-742831D1CFE4.jpeg 955A61A7-907C-479F-B229-1A2CF968DC6C.jpeg 8EA6D467-C870-462D-9A92-235774F5207F.jpeg

Well I went ahead and bought a CO and O2 sensor through Tiffany at McNeil Int. The total with shipping to Indiana was just under $68. The sensors arrived today and things looked to be in order. The CO sensor looks identical to the one in my Cootwo and of course the part number matches. I did not install the CO sensor as I am waiting for my calibration gas to arrive.

The O2 sensor is slightly larger than the OEM version but not by much. The only main concern is that the base of the new sensor is shaped differently. I was able to easily squeeze it into the housing which then allowed the front and back pieces to fit together. Once reassembled, I used the app to set the installation of a new O2 sensor and then performed a calibration. The calibration process was normal, and I successfully tested a couple tanks. I didn’t have any mix gas on hand so I couldn’t confirm anything other than just air. The O2 sensor from DD Sci. seems to work just fine and at $30 a piece it’s hard to beat. I’ll follow up on how things go with the CO sensor once I have the calibration gas.
View attachment 562290 View attachment 562291 View attachment 562292 View attachment 562293

Any idea how many she has in stock?

what was your price breakdown?

previous reply said they had to wait for an order (or pay extra for shipping, quoted at $60 each in qty < 10).

I am willing to organize a group buy (10+ Orders for both sensors) if there is enough interest.

Save Tiffany some trouble and us a little money.

Any idea how many she has in stock?

what was your price breakdown?

previous reply said they had to wait for an order (or pay extra for shipping, quoted at $60 each in qty < 10).

I don’t think they are stocking the sensors but I was able to get mine tagged in with another order. The breakdown was $25 for the CO and $30 for the O2 sensor, plus shipping.

We are able to avoid the group buy thing. Mine will be in tomorrow and after testing I will post a new thread with all the details in the Divenav forum. A group buy would likely cost more because of the additional step and shipping. They will eventually stock the sensor here in the states. They are a new business and are growing their inventory and their data on demand for various products.

This could be awesome for a DIY build. If these sensors are usable that would cut the cost of a homemade analyzer almost in half. I might have to pick up a copy of the Oxygen Hacker's Companion.

We are able to avoid the group buy thing. Mine will be in tomorrow and after testing I will post a new thread with all the details in the Divenav forum. A group buy would likely cost more because of the additional step and shipping. They will eventually stock the sensor here in the states. They are a new business and are growing their inventory and their data on demand for various products.
I highly doubt it will be more expensive.

Each of us is paying $10+ for shipping. Shipping 10 pairs of sensor will probably increase the initial shipping cost by a few $ only, so call it $20.

the pairs of sensor could easily be shipped first class at around $5 each.

So I got my sensors in today. Put them in, and after some futzing around I was able to get the O2 sensor to calibrate. Initially, I did not completely understand how to calibrate the CO sensor as I am apparently running the original firmware and the manual I was able to find appears to be for much newer firmware. In trying to calibrate the CO sensor, I realized that my Oxycheq bump gas has only enough for one calibration. I used that up on my first try. So... that being said, before I waste another $40 on bump gas, what should I be getting to calibrate this thing? I saw the links to the ones from Grainger, but I am also reading that I will need a regulator? Can anyone who has definitively gotten this to work please point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance.

So I got my sensors in today. Put them in, and after some futzing around I was able to get the O2 sensor to calibrate. Initially, I did not completely understand how to calibrate the CO sensor as I am apparently running the original firmware and the manual I was able to find appears to be for much newer firmware. In trying to calibrate the CO sensor, I realized that my Oxycheq bump gas has only enough for one calibration. I used that up on my first try. So... that being said, before I waste another $40 on bump gas, what should I be getting to calibrate this thing? I saw the links to the ones from Grainger, but I am also reading that I will need a regulator? Can anyone who has definitively gotten this to work please point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance.

You want the device to indicate the same value as your bump gas. So if you've got 20ppm bump gas, the box should read 20ppm after calibration.

Alternatively, if you're one of those people that subscribe to the idea that ANY carbon monoxide is unacceptable, you can calibrate it with your breath and simply use the CO function as a "go/no go" gauge. If it shows anything other than 0, you don't dive the tank. This requires no bump gas, but the data it provides is sufficient only for a binary situation. If you're one of those people that's ok with some CO in the mix, it will not satisfy your curiosity.

@seaseadee what @JohnnyC said is correct. I use a CO bump gas with regulator. Same as the stuff we've been talking about up top. I generally subscribe to the go-no go for CO and I have no issue using my breath to calibrate the CO sensor though, and I certainly have in a pinch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom