DiveNav has closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to get to their page, it seems they are no more. The leave a link to some form of a repair center.

Wondering if being able to get my CooTwo firmware updated is no longer an option....

here is what you get (re-direct) from their site:
upload_2020-1-9_7-18-53.png

I am sorry to hear this. I was hoping to buy a Cootwo direct from them to get fresh sensors.

Trying to get to their page, it seems they are no more. The leave a link to some form of a repair center.

Wondering if being able to get my CooTwo firmware updated is no longer an option....
Bummer

My first attempt to re-calibrate my CO sensor left it with about a 1 PPM offset. Not terrible, since I can usually subtract 1, but an annoyance never the less.

Doesn't surprise me. They had a great concept, but those units are crap.

Customer service was basically zero even when it was a going concern. This just makes it official.

I found DiveNav helpful for the online class for the Geo 2.0 since the manual was so awful.

Wow, that sucks. So ends the life of the only affordable CO/O2 tester. I wish they would have at least sold it to some other company who might have continued making sensors and/or open sourced the firmware.

It's not THAT surprising given how bad they were at customer service. They used to make that Tobin dude look good.

The CO sensors are market standard parts and are available. Not freely available as in you can go to a store and pick them up, but I have 2x brand new ones sitting on my desk. As long as the app doesn't get removed from the marketplace, keeping them going should be fine. I do wish I had the firmware updated so I didn't have to rely on the app for everything, but such is life.

Products were crap. Service was crap. Not surprising. I wonder what relationship the service center has with them. $80 for CO calibration?! Kick rocks bro.

Buy the CO sensors from Mouser or Digikey. Buy a cheap can of bump gas, $30 from CalGas. That pay for firmware upgrade stuff was crap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom