Divemaster Responsibilities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John,

Going through my PADI dive master program (some swim tests tonight). I'm happy with some of the changes that PADI has made with their OW certification.

I can imagine that it can be a circus out there with different dive ops. That is why I think it is a good idea to have something unique about one's SMB so that the captain knows who to pick up and who not to. The latter isn't catastrophic of course, just a bit of a hassle, especially for those yokels like me who need to catch a ferry back to PDC because they didn't realize in advance how much better the diving is in Cozumel! :wink:

I think my solution is just a little more hassle for the boat captain for picking up everyone at once vs. in two groups. I say two, as the photographers should at least cooperate with each other to stay close together.

Kosta

PS. I'm a little paranoid about boat dives, so I carry an emergency pack with extra SMB, orange hat, mirror, Lifeline, just need a canister for my PLB and I'm set.

Any idea how to make 50 unique DSMBs? Not an option.

Most Cozumel boat captains doe an excellent job tracking their divers and aiding groups of divers who pop up in the middle of nowhere. Dive briefings will include your boat name and radio frequency. Pass that on to whatever boat comes to your aide (one will) and you will be taken care of. They will also take care of you if you don't know but it is a bit harder. It is the lone diver waving a fin, or not, that is the PITA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom