Divemaster Responsibilities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, did not mean YOU were perpretating a fraud but that the Dive Op was. You were very honest about what your role became, post accident.

Why were you not paid? Why would you take that responsibility for nothing?

Could you tell us how he and two others died on a dive? That sounds like a very intersting story. Maybe there are some good "take aways" from the incident?

Police clueless, yeah but USCG too? That's surprising. no, it is definitely NOT your place to help them in the investigation and maybe pinning it on you. I hear ya.

The triple diving death happened years ago, I was not there so I can't really talk about it with authority. The take away was don't dive with idiots, don't dive 300 feet in wetsuits with 4 steel tanks and come up if you have trouble with bouyancy control at 300 feet.

I used to be a DG because I got to dive for free, got tips and my wife could also dive for free anytime I was there. Plus they would give me lunch and air fills sometimes.

Why would you expect the police to ask good questions in a diving accident? would you expect some typical homidide investigator to ask the "right" questions in a sky divving or airplane accident? It takes specific knowledge to ask the correct questions in situations like this, in my opinion. As for the USCG, you would expect better, but we did not talk to anyone who knew much and later in the court case the USCG attorney was an idiot! as well. He even asked stupid questions at the trial!

Small legal point, you did get paid, just not in currency. There was a quid pro quo between you and the dive op and, as such , you are acting as their agent.

The USCG surprises me a lot .

The triple diving death happened years ago, I was not there so I can't really talk about it with authority. The take away was don't dive with idiots, don't dive 300 feet in wetsuits with 4 steel tanks and come up if you have trouble with bouyancy control at 300 feet.

I used to be a DG because I got to dive for free, got tips and my wife could also dive for free anytime I was there. Plus they would give me lunch and air fills sometimes.

Why would you expect the police to ask good questions in a diving accident? would you expect some typical homidide investigator to ask the "right" questions in a sky divving or airplane accident? It takes specific knowledge to ask the correct questions in situations like this, in my opinion. As for the USCG, you would expect better, but we did not talk to anyone who knew much and later in the court case the USCG attorney was an idiot! as well. He even asked stupid questions at the trial!

Who did you think the police were doing the investigation for? The victim or the dive op. Or both? Did you think they were trying to do their job the best they could or were they just trying to get it over with? Just curious. The investigators I had didn't know about diving but asked questions and if they weren't sure what we were talking about asked us to explain what everything meant in detail. Now getting a defense Attorney that is going to defend you, that is a different story, I feel you need one that is at least versed in diving if not a diver him/herself and has the expert witnesses to back up the knowledge they have. If not you are screwed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom