Divemaster program in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drheim

New
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have probably done 100 dives in Cozumel, but never have picked up any advanced certifications. Does anyone know of any good programs to pick up my divemaster down there? It would be really nice if the Reef Club or somewhere like that offered discounts on hotel+certifications.

Thanks,

Dan

If your talking reef club check Sand Dollar Sports, they are the on site operator that also has dive/hotel packages. Spend a couple bucks and call down there, talk to Susanne the boss at Sand dollar. I'm sure she can work something out.

Other dive operators can help you also. Any good operator that has packages can either do it or refer you to one that does. I have found that most operators there, unlike other area's, will refer you to other operators that can accommodate you.

Margaret at Papahogs is a PADI coarse director, check with her or Mike. papahogs.com

...snip... but never have picked up any advanced certifications ...snip...

Just an FYI.. You will have to take Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, First Responder, and 60 logged dives (which you already have) before you can do DM..
For Master Diver you need the above plus 5 specialty certs..

I was also wondering, along these lines... I have done all the academics, the pool work and some interning, but still have several course requirements to fulfill.
I thought I would be able to finish this summer, but family commitments ate up my weekends (two children to college, parents weekends this fall, etc).
Given that it is getting late in the season here in NY and I am booked through Oct I was wondering if I culd finish my requirements over a long say in Coz.
I don't want to start at the beginning (makes no sense) but I would like to finish up before dive season starts here again.
I realize that I would need to work with the dive shop regarding costs and verifying what I have done.

Margaret at Papahogs is a PADI coarse director, check with her or Mike. papahogs.com

Just a small correction, Margaret is a NAUI Course Director, not a PADI Course Director.

Either way, the PADI DM Certification can be conducted through any PADI Instructor, they don't have to be a course director.

Margaret or Mike could also do the NAUI DM program I'm sure.

@ drheim : I am also 33 years old
Small world, huh? Another guy who's 33 years old, just 6 or 7 time zones away. What are the odds?
but I am alrealdy divemaster.
Hah! I guess he put you in your place, drheim.:D

Definitely head over to Aldora Divers. They have a fantastic Divemaster Program as well as just about any advanced course you could imagine. A really nice lady, Liang, helped me get my Nitrox on my last trip down. She told me she took the training for Divemaster there, after doing lots of research, and LOVED it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom