Divemaster internship available, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi folks, setting off to Asia in a few days, want to do some more diving and ultimately do my DM, this sounds very interesting, I have emailed the centre but no reply yet, boo.

Johnscubadiver, you still there? How is it going now? Have you encountered any other dive shops on PhiPhi who run a similar set-up? I would really like to get some more details from you/them about the DM internship.

Cheers.

Hi John, thanks for replying. Obviously martian2 is not my actual name, its Martin! I have just sent them some questions today, and have a flight to Thailand late January, so might well come down and talk to them properly then. Are you still around then? I am diving Phillipines right now, its pretty damn good.

Hi Everyone!
This course sounds really cool, i got some more information from them and i'm thinking about doing it, i just had a few questions for everyone that was already there or had done it, where did you fly into to get there, and where did you stay? and the most important question is how is the English? should i start learning another language now or should i be fine over there?

Up date I am going on to do an instructor course soon with partial sponsorship from Phi Phi Scuba diving center cant wait!!!

For anyone considering these "work for courses" programs, keep in mind that working in Thailand -- for salary or FOR BARTER -- requires a work permit. In fact, volunteers after the tsunami were arrested for working for free!

If you are caught working without a work permit you are subject to arrest, heavy fines, imprisonment, deportation and blacklisting from the country.

Immigration officails all around the country are very congnizant of dive instructors and DMs and in various places have been known to following instructors to swimming pools (catching them in the act) and patroling the piers.

Nothing in life is free and getting out of immigration jail certainly isn't. So, before you go sign up for so-called "free" training, consider the full potential expense.

I am guessing Aquanauts Pattaya is selling there own Internship in Pattaya??
Has anyone ever dived in Pattaya ??
Whats it like I have heard it is pretty bad divingbut I have not dived there?

I have just started diving and I just love it and I already have a goal to become a DM.
I have a question about the internship.
Do you earn any money while you are on your internship or do I have to save up money for the whole period so you can survive?

I am guessing Aquanauts Pattaya is selling there own Internship in Pattaya??
Has anyone ever dived in Pattaya ??
Whats it like I have heard it is pretty bad divingbut I have not dived there?

I have about 250 dives out of Pattaya & Samesan :D It is different to southern thailand (vis is not as good & marine life not quite as plentiful) but is not seasonal and is probably the best place for wreck diving in thailand. :)

I am still here and having passed my Padi idc and then doing a SSi cross over I am finally teaching!
In Thailand it seems you have to be duel agency to get work now.
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom