Divemaster course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

required is continuing eduscation, so not Advanced AND rescue, but OR. Even a specialty course can be enough.
Also, does not have to be done with real students (internships).

I think 1 week is in theory possible, under certain conditions, but for a good course 2 weeks is minimal, again only possible under certain conditions like no knowledge development necessary, 3 weeks better, and longer certainly possible, depending on the structure.

But he does have a bar! Maybe in days gone bye it was a classroom?

Hi Tom

I just found your thread are you still looking to do your DM course?

I still have a bar and 2 shops on the beach road.
I fired that guy Owen not surprised he still has a bitter taste in his mouth.
The DM course can be done in 10 days as long as you have the 60 dives already.
Their are 2 options one is all simulated and the other is the internship program that we do over a 6 week period.
It is up to the customer what programme they want, but they are all the complete PADI DM course laid down by the PADI organisation.
Don't be put off but idiots bagging on the two day Open Water Course PADI say it is 20 hours of training, they think that 5 hours per day over 4 days is more than 10 hour per day done over two days??
5x4=20 just like 10x2=20 most of our OW are three day courses 7x3=21 hours
I think Owen was not very good at maths either LOL

Last edited:
I am travelling to Thailand soon for a few months break and while I am there I would like to progress from PADI advanced level to Divemaster. I shall be staying in Pattaya, last year I was talking to a dive shop there at beach road next to the golf course who said the divemaster course can be done in just over a week.
I am quite new to diving and any advice would be appreciated, I think the name of the shop was Dive Asia, does anyone know what they are like?

Hi Tom

We do not guarantee the DM course can be completed in 10 days, but we have done it many times before for divers, the student diver must be physically and mentally ready and prepared to commit to self study (basically sleeping with the Diving Knowledge Work Book), have 60 dives under their belt and a night dive already.
It really is no problem to run thought all the PADI training standards in 10 days with a competent student, if anyone says it is not possible they are simply an incompetent instructor or just dont have enough experience to make the call.

Doing it in the UK will all be simulated so not really much difference from our 10 day course or else it will be really dragged out as most people can only dive at the weekends. I am English, one of our Instructors is English and he is NOT a drunk as you have falsely stated before he is an excellent Instructor and gets more repeat customers than any other instructor I have ever worked with, here in Pattaya or anywhere else as a matter of fact.

If you had only just come directly back to us and not started this thread, you would have had a great time and be a DM by now too bad for you :-(

Last edited:
Not only does he not have a clasroom, he doesn't do any pool/confined water training either.

What ever are you talking about?

Dive SEA has been based in the Nova Lodge Hotel for 7 years (now called the Centera Beach) they have a swimming pool ON SITE we are ON SITE we are one of the only dive centres with a pool ON SITE and always have been :)

We also have 2 classrooms ON SITE in my pool house, and a 2nd 100% private pool that measures 8m x 5m x 2m deep, with 2 adjacent classrooms, as far as I know we are the only dive centre in Pattaya with a pool and 2 classrooms at the same location ON SITE!

We have 2 pools and 2 classrooms how wrong could you possibly be LOL!

Too bad your slander is just showing you for the uninformed vindictive sour puss you are :-(

Last edited:
What ever are you talking about?

Dive SEA has been based in the Nova Lodge Hotel for 7 years (now called the Centera Beach) they have a swimming pool ON SITE we are ON SITE we are one of the only dive centres with a pool ON SITE and always have been :)

We also have 2 classrooms ON SITE in my pool house, and a 2nd 100% private pool that measures 8m x 5m x 2m deep, with 2 adjacent classrooms, as far as I know we are the only dive centre in Pattaya with a pool and 2 classrooms at the same location ON SITE!

We have 2 pools and 2 classrooms how wrong could you possibly be LOL!

Too bad your slander is just showing you for the uninformed vindictive sour puss you are :-(

Unless the situation (as it was told to me by one of your instructors) has changed since I had the misfortune to dive with you.
You are talking utter nonsence.

Unless the situation (as it was told to me by one of your instructors) has changed since I had the misfortune to dive with you.
You are talking utter nonsence.

I'll leave the talking utter nonsense to you it seems to be all you can do :)

you claim to have lived and dived in Pattaya since before I arrived, pray tell me how you could be fooled that a dive site you have dived with one operator will be any different if you dive it with another operator, are you actually admitting you are that stupid and gullible? :-(

Correct me if I am missing something here, but my reference was to you banging on about classrooms and swimming pools???????????

Hi Tom

I just found your thread are you still looking to do your DM course?

I still have a bar and 2 shops on the beach road.
I fired that guy Owen not surprised he still has a bitter taste in his mouth.
The DM course can be done in 10 days as long as you have the 60 dives already.
Their are 2 options one is all simulated and the other is the internship program that we do over a 6 week period.
It is up to the customer what programme they want, but they are all the complete PADI DM course laid down by the PADI organisation.
Don't be put off but idiots bagging on the two day Open Water Course PADI say it is 20 hours of training, they think that 5 hours per day over 4 days is more than 10 hour per day done over two days??
5x4=20 just like 10x2=20 most of our OW are three day courses 7x3=21 hours
I think Owen was not very good at maths either LOL

Courses already done back at home thanks, although I shall be coming to Pattaya again soon and this time am proposing a weeks diving at phuket or koh chang.
Who is Owen?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom