Divemaster Course On A Liveboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isa on Tracks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone!

Anyone knows or have heard of a liveaboard in which I could do my divemaster between May and June? I am pretty flexible whereas location is concerned. South east Asia or Pacific.
I have dived in many great sites, Komodo, Surin and Similan islands, Vanuatu, Maldives and just came back from Raja Ampat which was really good.

Many thanks!

it would be pretty impossible to teach a DM course on a liveaboard as they don;t tend to get many students. A big segment in the course is assisting with divers in training and confined water skills and you are unlike unlikely to get those on any liveaboard cruise. I've certainly never taught a full open water or rescue course whilst working on liveaboards. Closest was open water referral.
better to do your dm course with a land based operation and gain more experience, then go on a trip afterwards

Thanks Nudisusie for your reply! I guess it is not the easiest way indeed, I am also looking for partly land based partly liveaboard which might be an alternative...

Phuket might be a good option... look for a dive centre that offers the training but also has liveaboards - then you can maybe get on a trip or two as part of the course. I'm not familiar with any that do that specifically though

Atlantis Dive Resort - HOME in the Phillipines teaches PADI up to MSDT/IDC. And have their own liveaboard.

I don't think they teach beyond AOW normally but check with wakatobi (Sulawesi) also. They also have a liveaboard. It's going to cost a little more though...:eek:
If there are other diving related courses which you would like to complete during your stay at Wakatobi, just let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Neither are going to be used for teaching purposes though afaik...

Last edited:
Try Wicked Diving Kao Lak Thailand, Komodo and Rafa Ampit They have 8 week internships while land based you do get a few liveaboard trips.

Thanks all for your advice!
Yes I have found Wicked diving they do it on a LOB in Thailand but no space available until many months... You can do your DM in Labuan Bajo though and then go for a few days on their LOB in Komodo.
I will definitively check the other ones you guys recommend.
Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom