Divemaster age

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jstew

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey can anyone verify that PADI lowered the dive master age from 18? My friend told me they did and I checked it out online and couldn’t find any age requirements.

Thanks

Says 18 on the PADI site:

"Prerequisites: PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization), PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization), 20 logged dives, 18 years old."

Put Another Dollar In...18 years old and 20 dives. I don't know about others but there is no way I think that is qualified to be a DM. What's next, 6 yrs OW certs.:shakehead

Sorry, just had to vent for a moment. I'm better now.:D

Charles

Aquanautchuck:
Put Another Dollar In...18 years old and 20 dives. I don't know about others but there is no way I think that is qualified to be a DM. What's next, 6 yrs OW certs.:shakehead

Sorry, just had to vent for a moment. I'm better now.:D

Charles
Prerequisites only. Used to be 40 required to enter the program, I must have missed the change to 20 on my updates. Maybe the'yre trying to catch up to the YMCA, and maybe Naui (which required 50 dives for their Instructor IDC) which had required for years only 15 dives to enter the leadership program. PADI still requires 60 dives to complete the DM program... the poster left that out.

Yes, minimum of 20 logged dives is a "prerequisite" to enroll in the program while 60 dives are required for certification.

"Minimum Number of Logged Dives: 60 for certification as PADI Divemaster "

NOTE: The link above contains all this information.

I don't think it would be possible to ever drop it below 18 due to legal issues.

might want to move this thread out of the UW photography forum

Yeah, I just noticed that Damselfish...:D

Back
Top Bottom