DiveLightMan and "Scout" lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for flooding, everyone I know who uses and HID has had a flood of some sort. Most everyone's Halcyon 18W hid has flooded in some way or another. Flashlights and cameras do that. One thing I noticed is that Todd put a buttload of silocone lube on the light. I need to fix that, or it will flood. Being a little anal with your 0 rings is a good thing, especially for those expensive toys like cameras and HID's. Sounds like Todd guarantees his stuff, as does Halcyon, so whatever works for ya.

That said, I hope mine doesn't flood this weekend :)

From Todd, "They are the original style from a few years ago clones. They are of the same quality and have a 100% satisfaction guarantee."

Mine are Halcyon originals probably 2...maybe 3 years old...and only have one O-ring.

Stephen

I currently have a 2003 "H" model scout light and also own one of Chuck Noe's Photon Torpedo lights. Neither light has flooded on me and I've used both on several dives. The Photon Torpedo is a little thicker, has deeper knurling and uses the standard SL4 light head.

I bought one of Todd's lights last year. I have used it several times and it has not flooded once. It is a b***h to turn on sometimes though. I almost tore the line through the hole knob trying to turn it on once. I have been meaning to send him an e-mail about it, but I think I'll wait a month or two until he recovers from the hurricanes!
His p-valves are good stuff too.

Just another data point ... I bought a couple of Scout clone bodies from a source in Brazil last year, and combined them with lamp/reflectors and bezel lens assemblies from brightguy.com. Work fine, no floods, and when all was said and done cost about half of a Scout (or possibly less).

I bought two "Scout" lights from Todd and have not had a problem with either. Both have worked flawlessly. I can also attest that his customer service is second to none. I have no doubt that if I were to encounter a problem, he would be more than willing to help.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom