Dive without the Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey leapfrog - I dived from Estartit (Illas de Medes) with Unisub. Where are you based? Any other diving you can recommend in the area (once the water gets warmer!)?
Hi. Go and see the guys at Gymsub in Aiguablava. The guy that runs it, Jose Luis is a PADI Course Director. They do some nice dives around the Aiguablava/Begur area and they go to Palamos once a week to dive the Boreas wreck. You'll enjoy it. They do both air and nitrox.

Hi
I am looking to find anyone who has dive in Europe particularly the Canaries or Mediterranean and managed to find a dive centre that will hire out tank and weights and leave you to do your own dive, I am not against going on one or two lead dives but I would like to be able to choose. If you can recommend a resort I would be gratefully.

thanks

Malta for sure.

Nearly all centres will loan tanks and weights and most of the diving is shore based. Its definitely the most "open" diving country in europe.

On the Costa Brava you can't beat KennaEcoDiving for value and flexibility.

String
got to agree with you, I was in malta in August ,great place the people are very friendly and once you are Advanced or above you can hire tank and weight and do your own thing , had one 84 min dive ranging from 17m to about 5 on the Corolita, I would recomend anyong diving there get G Lemons bood "Diving Malta Gozo and Comino. also there is a lot of shore diving. I have seen more life in the canaries but I will be back to Malta esp when I get my 2 kids diving
I got all my tanks form Diveshack.

Yep as you say you are responsible for your own safety

Tip for diving abroad if you are going without the guide never leave the center without checking there is air in the tanks ,dive centrers get very busy and it only takes one customer leaving a tank in the wrong place an you get a 50 bar fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom